Favorite Uniform Combo?

Favorite jersey/pant combo?

• Maroon/Gold

Votes: 51 35.7%
  • Maroon/Maroon

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Maroon/White

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Gold/Gold (not seen yet, but available)

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Gold/Maroon

Votes: 14 9.8%
  • Gold/White

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • White/Gold

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • White/Maroon

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • White/White

Votes: 18 12.6%

• Total voters

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Now that we've seen the new uniforms, I'm curious to see which people prefer for Jerseys/pants

i love the white on white.... and thats what i voted for... however the marron pants wit gold top was looking really nice as well

I know we've had the regulated color scheme for a number of years now, but I can't say enough about how much better this darker "maroon" looks than that reddish, USC-type crap we've had in the past. It's just plain sharp.

If I had 2 choices, I would go:

Maroon/Gold for home games,
White/Gold for away games.

But I could only choose 1, so I went with M/G.

I agree Doc.

I could add the gold over maroon for special games.

As Sudwell 55 stated in another thread, those three should be the only combos.

The white pants suck, and my mother said it's hard to get grass stains out of white pants.

I agree Doc.

The white pants suck, and my mother said it's hard to get grass stains out of white pants.

From today's Startribune: The look of the uniforms is what fans will notice first. But the material they are made from -- it's called cordura, a super-stretch fabric that still allows the garment to breathe, the same stuff the Army uses for its modern fatigues -- is one advancement that the players will appreciate.

"It can be tighter without feeling restrictive, so there's nothing to grab on to," (Gopher Equipment Manager Andy) Harris said. "Instead of stretching two directions, like a cotton T-shirt, it stretches four ways. It's an equipment manager's nightmare when we play on grass, because the grass stains lock into it and we can't get them out. But it's great for the players."

I agree Doc.

+1

I agree with Doc, w/ Station 19's add of switching the home combo for special games. Those are my favorites.

I do like the idea of Kill rewarding players with getting to pick the uniform choice. Luckily, I don't hate any of them.

White on white with the maroon helmets is sleek because of the stretch material. I think the players will want to wear that combo quite often, especially on the away games.

I'm just glad there was no black jersey or pants.

For a special game I would like to see a version of what Michigan did in their game with ND. The big block M on front of the jersey with a small number(maybe on the gold over maroon). Those are my favorite throw-back uniforms.

Instead of the numbers on the shoulder I would like to see an outline patch of the state of Minnesota(or could be put on upper front of jersey). A very recognizable image and represents the whole state of MN. The only D1 football school in the state.

All in all I am very happy with the unis. Glad they didn't get too carried away(ala Oregon and Maryland). However I don't like some of the combos. Stay with the a fore mentioned three(above).

I also like the 'brick look" on some of the numbering. Curious why they didn't use it on the gold numbers

From today's Startribune: The look of the uniforms is what fans will notice first. But the material they are made from -- it's called cordura, a super-stretch fabric that still allows the garment to breathe, the same stuff the Army uses for its modern fatigues -- is one advancement that the players will appreciate.

"It can be tighter without feeling restrictive, so there's nothing to grab on to," (Gopher Equipment Manager Andy) Harris said. "Instead of stretching two directions, like a cotton T-shirt, it stretches four ways. It's an equipment manager's nightmare when we play on grass, because the grass stains lock into it and we can't get them out. But it's great for the players."

So my mom was right?;)

I chose white with gold pants. I thought those looked sharp in the pictures. Maroon with gold pants is also really nice, too.

I agree Doc.

This post is exactly correct. White football pants shouldn't even be made.

This post is exactly correct. White football pants shouldn't even be made.

Pfftt...

You are exactly wrong with everything you think, post, say, or write.
Breathing must be tough with those collapsed lungs from the endless chest thumping! ;)

Youre-So-Full-Of-Yourself-Russian-Dolls-T-shirt.jpg

Like the maroon over gold for normal home games and white over gold for the road games. But the gold over gold (still missing the gold helmet) for special games is awesome. I know some dont like that...but look at the uniform when Bruce Smith won his Heisman trophy.

over all they hit a home run...great thought with the new font. That # 4 is straight from Bruce's team. Love how crisp/clean the jerseys look. the brick accent is a nice use of new designs on uniforms w/o cluttering them up.
I'll be purchasing one of these for certain.

ski-u-mah!

GM

I went with white/gold, but honestly I don't dislike any of those combos. I think they all look sharp, so kudos to Nike and the U on a job well done, and I can't wait to see these uniforms on the field of play next Fall. :clap:

My only possible quibble is that I would LOVE to see a gold helmet and/or a white one for special occasion usage, but maybe that's just not practical or it's too expensive. Other than that, really nice looking threads, and the new helmets are awesome.

I really like the maroon on maroon look. Simple but sharp. Second favorite is maroon on gold.

My choices, too. One of the others could be used for a special occasion, as Notre Dame goes green for certain big games.

I like maroon jersey with gold pants at home and white on white on the road. I think the new helmet makes the white on white a good look. I disagree about the white pants. I think they look good with the maroon jersey for home games too, but prefer the gold pants.

I like maroon jersey with gold pants at home and white on white on the road. I think the new helmet makes the white on white a good look. I disagree about the white pants. I think they look good with the maroon jersey for home games too, but prefer the gold pants.

I too think the helmet really makes the white on white look good. I'm a big fan of the gold jersey maroon pants combo though.

Here's a snapshot of the white on white with helmet from the youtube video.

whiteonwhite.jpg

gophermartin said:
Like the maroon over gold for normal home games and white over gold for the road games. But the gold over gold (still missing the gold helmet) for special games is awesome. I know some dont like that...but look at the uniform when Bruce Smith won his Heisman trophy.

over all they hit a home run...great thought with the new font. That # 4 is straight from Bruce's team. Love how crisp/clean the jerseys look. the brick accent is a nice use of new designs on uniforms w/o cluttering them up.
I'll be purchasing one of these for certain.

ski-u-mah!

GM

I think the release indicated that they had no plans to wear gold over gold anymore, which is why there are eight uniforms instead of the nine that dpo was lecturing us about all week.

Top Bottom