Favorite place to watch an away game

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Where do you love watching away games? You know...besides in your man caves.

I used to enjoy Sally's but not so much with the new digs.

I am not a big fan of watching games in bars. I like to be able to hear the commentary (and not worrying how many drinks I have had for driving).

So if it is an away game, I am watching at home or my very favorite… at the cabin. There is nothing better than watching a Gopher road victory while the whitecaps are rolling in or the sun is shining brightly on brilliant leaves over the water.

I am not a big fan of watching games in bars. I like to be able to hear the commentary (and not worrying how many drinks I have had for driving).

So if it is an away game, I am watching at home or my very favorite… at the cabin. There is nothing better than watching a Gopher road victory while the whitecaps are rolling in or the sun is shining brightly on brilliant leaves over the water.
Same. I enjoy going to a sports bar to watch all the other games, but when it's the Gophers, I want to either be at the game or at home in front of the TV.

Most definitely the correct answer!! Cabin/2nd home/vacation home, whatever you want to call it. It's far and away the best way to go

As a student, it's either sals or kk, love the camaraderie. Stubs is nice but they don't have a ton of TVs. If the weather permits, sometimes my friends will bring their TV outside onto the courtyard in our apartment which is even better.

I record the game, enjoy the outdoors and.watch it sitting in my "cave" with my remote close by. I enjoy watching replays I want to watch.

Same here. My basement or my garage are the places for me to watch away games.

As a Como native I have to put Manning's at the top of my list. Nothing better than walking to Manning's hungover, eating a big breakfast, watching the gophs, and walking home buzzed.
I see a theme there.

As a Como native I have to put Manning's at the top of my list. Nothing better than walking to Manning's hungover, eating a big breakfast, watching the gophs, and walking home buzzed.
I'm doing that next.

I record the game, enjoy the outdoors and.watch it sitting in my "cave" with my remote close by. I enjoy watching replays I want to watch.
I've recorded a few football and basketball games in the past to watch later. If you can avoid texts, tweets and other methods of hearing the status and final score before you watch, this is absolutely the best way to do it.

I enjoy watching it at home in my basement. Bonus if the kids are playing something that is keeping them busy and I can actually WATCH the game.

I've recorded a few football and basketball games in the past to watch later. If you can avoid texts, tweets and other methods of hearing the status and final score before you watch, this is absolutely the best way to do it.
I often try to time it just right, start watching my recording about an hour to 90 mins after the game really started, catch up to live action about when the game is over, roughly. I guess we all have our own crazy shit that we do on game day

Radio on doing fall yard clean up. It’s tradition that predates tv.

The Perfect Ash in Inver Grove Heights. Owned by a former Gopher football player, some memorabilia up from his playing days, Gopher flags flying out front, and 5 large tv’s plus leather couches.

Kicking back w/ a drink in my coffee/solo cup and a cigar while watching the Gophers is hard to beat, at least for me!

No clue about Minnesota, but I was in Chicago this weekend for the Texans game. The Other Side Bar was unreal ! Watched the 1st half of the Gophers game there. It is a must if you are in Chicago !

I asked this not long ago and got clues to Ray J’s in NE Mpls. Great food, and a good gopher turnout for the MSU beat down. Will be going back for PSU game for sure.

Top Bottom