False expectations

timj5304

Reaction score
I think to a degree we have false expectations because of the magical run we had in 2019. We had 2 nfl receivers and a experienced defense with the best Safety in the NCAA. We had an amazing running game with 3 experienced backs rotating and few injuries. Our QB was helped by the running game tremendously. His lack of mobility has always been a liability but due to the strong run game and elite receivers who made big plays, he got bailed out and turned into something he was not and his flaw was covered.

This season, we have played great on the road every single time. We destroyed a overrated Colorado, beat a improved Purdue and Northwestern. We have played poor at home. Barely beat Miami, struggled at times against Nebraska and Maryland and get upset by a underrated Illinois and Bowling Green. Pretty much load the box and force us to pass and more importantly force Tanner Morgan to move.

We are a 1 dimensional team who can’t win if we have to pass. We struggle in pass protection with our worst OL at LT sadly

I think to a degree we have false expectations because of the magical run we had in 2019. We had 2 nfl receivers and a experienced defense with the best Safety in the NCAA. We had an amazing running game with 3 experienced backs rotating and few injuries. Our QB was helped by the running game tremendously. His lack of mobility has always been a liability but due to the strong run game and elite receivers who made big plays, he got bailed out and turned into something he was not and his flaw was covered.

This season, we have played great on the road every single time. We destroyed a overrated Colorado, beat a improved Purdue and Northwestern. We have played poor at home. Barely beat Miami, struggled at times against Nebraska and Maryland and get upset by a underrated Illinois and Bowling Green. Pretty much load the box and force us to pass and more importantly force Tanner Morgan to move.

We are a 1 dimensional team who can’t win if we have to pass. We struggle in pass protection with our worst OL at LT sadly
HIS NAME IS MIKE SANFORD, IT FELL APART WHEN HE ARRIVED.

I expected to beat Illinois at home. I don't think that was "false."

We live on a different planet. Now, that is false.

Top Bottom