Fairgrounds tailgating - question

GOFUR

Section 238 - Row 4
Reaction score
I am new to the fairgrounds tailgating lot this year as I decided to give up my private lot spot due to cost and constantly looking over my shoulder for under cover City of Mpls officials.

I bought the season pass which I received yesterday, The number on the pass is 0647. I would assume that this is an indication of how many have been sold.

Anyway, what can I expect from the fairgrounds crowd. Are they early to arrive, are there alot of flags, tents ect? Is there a festive atmosphere?

Looking forward to holding a can of beer without feeling like a 1st grader chewing gum!!

I am new to the fairgrounds tailgating lot this year as I decided to give up my private lot spot due to cost and constantly looking over my shoulder for under cover City of Mpls officials.

I bought the season pass which I received yesterday, The number on the pass is 0647. I would assume that this is an indication of how many have been sold.

Anyway, what can I expect from the fairgrounds crowd. Are they early to arrive, are there alot of flags, tents ect? Is there a festive atmosphere?

Looking forward to holding a can of beer without feeling like a 1st grader chewing gum!!

The number on the pass may be the number that have been sold or it may be the actual lot number. I'm not sure.

We had a great time at the Fairgrounds lot last year. It will get fairly full, but mostly within 90 minutes of game time. I'd say 30-40% of the people there are active tailgaters and arrive within an hour or two of the lot opening. Quite a few flags, lots of folks playing bags or tossing the football around.

There are police there (they troll around in their squad cars), but as long as you're not acting like a complete moron, they'll leave you alone. They're actually pretty friendly. No glass bottles, though, unless you want to see your sweet, sweet beer getting poured out by a lot attendant.

It's a pretty fun lot. Very easy going with the cops. Alot of Flags and alot of people. the only bad thing is that the lot is so big everybody kind of spreads out. I usually get there around 6:30am and we can usually get in before 7. Have fun, come say Hi, we'll be the people with the 15'x20' M flag!

It's a pretty fun lot. Very easy going with the cops. Alot of Flags and alot of people. the only bad thing is that the lot is so big everybody kind of spreads out. I usually get there around 6:30am and we can usually get in before 7. Have fun, come say Hi, we'll be the people with the 15'x20' M flag!

This was my issue last year. I had hoped that the fairgrounds would become a sea of tailgating for the average fan to take part in (those of us who can't lay down the cash for premium seats/parking). But it gets too spread out to become a super festive atmosphere. In some ways, I wish they would designate half of the lot for tailgating and the other half for regular parking to liven things up.

What the other posters said, can't add much to it.. We get there an hour or so prior to kickoff, and there's always people finishing up their food/brew and their bean bag games. Never really bothered tailgating for too long as most 11am games suck getting up for when you work 2nd shift.

Top Bottom