Facebook Algorithms

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
I find it funny when ads and items start showing up on my facebook. For awhile it was Iowa stuff, so I click some buttons to get rid of it. Now Nebraska items are showing up. Must have been all my 247.com searches into recruiting and such.

The thing I've come to realize in the comments is how delusional Nebraska fans and reporters are. (I have really been giving them some slack as the couple Nebraska fans I know are not) They are all up in arms that the B1G is going to do something to help out tOSU get games played and they didn't help them get a crappy non-conference game.

They sure love their Scott Frost and how he wanted to just play football.

It will be interesting to see if COVID ripple affect and how Conferences come out of this. Will it affect future realignment? Will it lead to the P5 breaking from the NCAA sooner?

Thanks you Facebook for keeping me up to date on the other teams.

Man I've described the EXACT same thing when my ads go completely bonkers (well always).

Nebraska fans are great, the Neb media based on the suggestions I get are complete asshats / crybabies.

They very much lean towards the "OMG we (you) don't deserve this" kinda media freakouts that you see everywhere now.

Last edited:

I think the P5 get more out of their current association/structure with the NCAA than what they pay in. They get to keep ALL the football TV money to themselves (that's a huge piece of the overall pie that is the value in college athletics). Get a big chunk of March Madness (the other sizable piece). NCAA takes care of running and organizing all the other championships than football. And allowed them to vote their own rules just for the P5 (the so called "autonomy group").

It's a wild guess, but I think it would actually cost the P5 more money overall to formally break off from the NCAA and run all of the non-football stuff themselves. Maybe not

As far as realignment goes, I would love to trade Nebraska for Iowa State or Kansas. I think ISU makes more sense, but whatever. Just get rid of the damned corndicks.

$50M/year ... for what??? Where's that nationally competitive football team they promised Delaney???? They have not held up their end of the bargain.

I bought my wife some leggings for Christmas so my ads are all of hot chicks' butts in tight pants. I couldn't be happier this holiday season.

Amazon's add network is convinced I'm a woman. Got a lot of ass hanging out adds here on GH for stuff ... i'm not gonna buy / never bought but ok.

As far as realignment goes, I would love to trade Nebraska for Iowa State or Kansas. I think ISU makes more sense, but whatever. Just get rid of the damned corndicks.

$50M/year ... for what??? Where's that nationally competitive football team they promised Delaney???? They have not held up their end of the bargain.
Why would you want to bring in Kansas? They are a complete joke of a football team that would provide nothing to the conference.

Why would you want to bring in Kansas? They are a complete joke of a football team that would provide nothing to the conference.
Basketball. KC market. Similarish add as Maryland/DC.

I'm frankly not interested in adding any more "powerhouse" football teams after the Nebraska debacle.

I'm frankly not interested in adding any more "powerhouse" football teams after the Nebraska debacle.
Understandable. Just know that the Kansas City market is very split with its allegiance to Kansas, Mizzou, Kansas State, and Nebraska.

I bought my wife some leggings for Christmas so my ads are all of hot chicks' butts in tight pants. I couldn't be happier this holiday season.
Even if you hadn't bought, just say "yoga pants yoga pants yoga pants" near your phone and you'll get more of these ads on FB and Insta

Understandable. Just know that the Kansas City market is very split with its allegiance to Kansas, Mizzou, Kansas State, and Nebraska.
Sure. Probably a fair amount of Colorado, Oklahoma's, and Texas too.

Would like to think that Kansas can legit be a national CBB brand and continue to elevate the Big Ten as the best conference in the nation over the ACC. Anyway ... doubt it's going to happen.

Sure. Probably a fair amount of Colorado, Oklahoma's, and Texas too.

Would like to think that Kansas can legit be a national CBB brand and continue to elevate the Big Ten as the best conference in the nation over the ACC. Anyway ... doubt it's going to happen.
Yea there’s some Oklahoma fans here too but not the numbers of the previously listed. Mizzou and KS are definitely the top two. The seasonable fandom down here is funny. It’s all Mizzou/Chiefs football on sports radio during the fall and all KS basketball in the winter.

Even if you hadn't bought, just say "yoga pants yoga pants yoga pants" near your phone and you'll get more of these ads on FB and Insta

I mean what else is there to say near your phone other than talk about Gopher football and yoga pants?

Yea there’s some Oklahoma fans here too but not the numbers of the previously listed. Mizzou and KS are definitely the top two. The seasonable fandom down here is funny. It’s all Mizzou/Chiefs football on sports radio during the fall and all KS basketball in the winter.
Getting KU-MU (Illinois rivalry) both would've made even more sense for the Big Ten. Mizzou actively, publically lobbied the Big Ten to be added. Went with Nebraska instead, who was quickly booted from the AAU. Mizzou joined the SEC instead and maintains its AAU status today. Another swing and a miss from the Nebraska debacle.

I had a similar experience when I bought a yoga strap for some stretching exercises I do. (My PT had me doing them with towels.)

Iowa St would be a horrible add.
No additional TV revenue.
Prior to Campbell, a horrific team annually.

Nebraska was the right choice.

Alexa creeps me out. Never had one until recently

Agreed

If they could do it over again. I think they add zero and get the ncaa to change the conference championship rules (like the big 12 did).

Dead serious....I've seen ads for other college teams here on GH.

You buy a toaster and Facebook keeps showing you ads for toasters, as if you're likely to buy more toasters any time soon...
Because it can’t track your credit card purchase only your search. I just bought a few new speakers....speaker ads for months!!

Iowa State might not be the right choice. Nebraska has been proven to be the wrong choice. No facts support otherwise.

Agreed

If they could do it over again. I think they add zero and get the ncaa to change the conference championship rules (like the big 12 did).
This might be a right choice, as well. (Assuming you mean they still add Penn St)

Mizzou should have been added instead of Rutgers. But Kansas is OK too.

Not sure if this is something to be proud of or be embarrassed about but Gopherhole is the only "social media" (if it even qualifies) that I'm on. Never have had a Facebook account.

Not sure if this is something to be proud of or be embarrassed about but Gopherhole is the only "social media" (if it even qualifies) that I'm on. Never have had a Facebook account.

Top Bottom