Faalele, Otomewo & Mafe playing in senior bowl

Wish he was returning, but I totally expected this all season. There's a variety of opinions on this board regarding where he'll get drafted, but mark me down for the first 3 rounds. Every NFL coach thinks he's the best and smartest and will be able to take Faalele's size and raw ability and make him a perennial all-pro.

Wish he was returning, but I totally expected this all season. There's a variety of opinions on this board regarding where he'll get drafted, but mark me down for the first 3 rounds. Every NFL coach thinks he's the best and smartest and will be able to take Faalele's size and raw ability and make him a perennial all-pro.
He's ranked #57 at CBS sports, which would roughly mean late 2nd. Of course, these internet rankings aren't done by professional scouts, so it's all guesswork. He obviously has the size, so the agility workouts will be key. I imagine scouts will be watching his bench reps as well to see if the size/strength ratio is there.

Bottom line: Good for him and although I will miss him greatly, it puts the program in a good light as well.

He's ranked #57 at CBS sports, which would roughly mean late 2nd. Of course, these internet rankings aren't done by professional scouts, so it's all guesswork. He obviously has the size, so the agility workouts will be key. I imagine scouts will be watching his bench reps as well to see if the size/strength ratio is there.

Bottom line: Good for him and although I will miss him greatly, it puts the program in a good light as well.

Daniel seems like the type of player who will go to the combine and shoot up the charts.
Despite his faults, NFL GM's and coaches will fall in love with him convinced they can coach him to be a once in a lifetime type player.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a top 10 pick.

Such a gentle giant, if he learns or can learn to play with a edge, watch out! Certainly worth a look. His combine will be everything to him. Glad he was a Gopher!

Daniel seems like the type of player who will go to the combine and shoot up the charts.
Despite his faults, NFL GM's and coaches will fall in love with him convinced they can coach him to be a once in a lifetime type player.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a top 10 pick.

If that's the case, all Gopher fans have to again thank the guy who recruited him.

Here's to you Zach Annexstad! :drink:

Such a gentle giant, if he learns or can learn to play with a edge, watch out! Certainly worth a look. His combine will be everything to him. Glad he was a Gopher!
Darrisaw (Vikings rookie LT), who has played very well, it has been reported is quiet/soft-spoken, but a mauler on the field.

May not be a valid comparison at all, just sayin.

But will he play in the bowl game? That seems to be a new phenomenon, guys going pro skip the bowl game (unless its CFP)

He tends to play best against good teams.

But will he play in the bowl game? That seems to be a new phenomenon, guys going pro skip the bowl game (unless its CFP)
Maybe he will. I think right now he's floating around in the third round. A good showing by the Gophers/DF could increase his stock.

So Big O is gone then. That was known, right? Or I thought was a maybe to come back?

None of these guys will play in the bowl game, right?

Mafe is not surprising. He'll grade as a freak athlete and get drafted in the middle rounds -- maybe as high as 3rd. Otomewo is somewhat surprising. I actually thought there was an outside chance he'd return, but it seems his draft stock has skyrocketed the latter part of the season. Good for him!

Mafe is not surprising. He'll grade as a freak athlete and get drafted in the middle rounds -- maybe as high as 3rd. Otomewo is somewhat surprising. I actually thought there was an outside chance he'd return, but it seems his draft stock has skyrocketed the latter part of the season. Good for him!
Maybe Otomewo is using the senior bowl as a way to really evaluate his draft stock. Pretty sure he could still come back as long as he doesn't sign with an agent.

Maybe Otomewo is using the senior bowl as a way to really evaluate his draft stock. Pretty sure he could still come back as long as he doesn't sign with an agent.
That's what I thought. Does accepting the invite mean they are gone for sure? I guess it seems more likely they are leaving if they play in it.

Standing next to him in warm ups a few weeks back… Feel like he’s going to grade out pretty damn well!

Standing next to him in warm ups a few weeks back… Feel like he’s going to grade out pretty damn well!
I know his stock really skyrocketed during the season. Would love to see him back next year but if he ends up going pro so be it. Hopefully it works out well for him and he ends up in a good situation.

Love the guy but Big Dan struggled to pass to protect and in the NFL the run to pass ratio he saw here will be roughly flipped. I think teams will be forced to move him inside. Probably a mid to lower round pick.

Love the guy but Big Dan struggled to pass to protect and in the NFL the run to pass ratio he saw here will be roughly flipped. I think teams will be forced to move him inside. Probably a mid to lower round pick.
He will pay big bucks (relatively) for personal trainers and personal technique coaches, and do his best to prepare for these opportunities like the Senior Bowl and the combine.

Might be a project like Wyatt Davis for the Vikings, who hasn't seen the field this year, but obviously they drafted him 3rd round so they have plans for him.

Top Bottom