Explain the Gophers loss to UNC in 1 sentence

P.S. Rutgers ran all over poor Howard U, 44-7, while Kaliakmanis added 3 passing TDs, hitting 15 of 24 for 147 yards.
P.P.S....what the F does that have to do with anything? I get that being negative will be the tone of the board but the two things are not even remotely related.

Rutgers was a 40 point favorite over a mediocre FCS team while we were a slight underdog against an ACC team. And I watched a fair amount of that Rutgers game, Athan wasn't the reason they won, Howard could not stop the Rutgers RB.

I heard the announcers telling how big the O-Line is for Minnesota and with that size how could they
not dominate the line of scrimmage, but I guess I don't know that much about football. But it still
gripes my A%* Minnesota lost that game.

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, again.

Gophers continue to lose coin-clip games as team struggles to use ChatGPT to call plays.

The odd thing is that PJ says out loud what is wrong but can't seem to be able to do anything about it. Brosmer can throw the ball, as we saw at the end, but not in that offense, which is still geared to ball control by running.
Brosmer threw the ball pretty well. He missed two open receivers for good gains and threw a couple poor swing passes. He had a tipped ball that would have gone for a TD to Spencer, and another well thrown ball to Spencer who dropped it in the end zone. (A difficult catch but should have been caught). He also threw two good deep sidelines to Jackson, both of which forced the defender to foul in order to prevent a long gainer.

The rest of Brosmer's passing issues were caused by poor protection. He was under constant pressure the first half. A Quinn Carrol whif was a sack. A Jamison Geers beatdown was a sack. Another occurred when Nubin was just plain run over from the outside.

When Brosmer escaped the pressure and rolled right, nobody was open.

Too soon to make any judgment on Max due to the very poor protection last night.

Wisconsin kicker missed winning field goal for Gophers. :)

I heard the announcers telling how big the O-Line is for Minnesota and with that size how could they
not dominate the line of scrimmage, but I guess I don't know that much about football. But it still
gripes my A%* Minnesota lost that game.
It looked like Carolina had some studs on the DLine.

Were we supposed to be running the Ferentz 23 offense?

P.S. Rutgers ran all over poor Howard U, 44-7, while Kaliakmanis added 3 passing TDs, hitting 15 of 24 for 147 yards.
Kaliakmanis was not good for Rutgers. He wasn't bad, but he had about 100 yards passing until they threw a long TD pass against an FCS school they were whooping with 3 minutes left.

Note - for whatever reason, Rutgers also scored a TD as time expired. They felt the need to get to 44-7 rather than 38-7.

It's really no rip on Kaliakmanis, he did what was called, but he did very little against awful competition.

In one sentence:

The Gopher offensive line was out-played by the Tar Heels defense.

Top Bottom