Expectations management

I can live with an 8-win season if that includes winning a bowl game. I just think the bowl game is extremely important. AT this point, I would rather see the Gophers win a "lesser" bowl game instead of losing another January 1st game. This coaching staff still needs to prove that it can finish a season strong - I want to see the team trending up at the end of the season, not down.

To each their own, but that is the craziest thing I have ever read.

I broke it down a little further.

0 Postal
1 Disgusted
2 Angry
3 Worried
4 Confused
5 Disappointed
6 Hesitant
7 Accepting
8 Happy
9 Elated
10 Stoked
11 Jacked
12 Forgive everyone who's ever wronged me
13 Cancel Christmas travel plans - will be taking my dad to the playoff
14 Get my Wisconsin tattoo removed
15 All is right with the world like at the end of Back to the Future

Well done

I can live with an 8-win season if that includes winning a bowl game. I just think the bowl game is extremely important. AT this point, I would rather see the Gophers win a "lesser" bowl game instead of losing another January 1st game. This coaching staff still needs to prove that it can finish a season strong - I want to see the team trending up at the end of the season, not down.

Its not an either/or proposition, and I would like to see us win a January 1st game. We were good enough to win this year, and beat ourselves by self-inflicted wounds. The year before we got upset in a lesser bowl game, so I don't know if it is psychological at this point, or if we aren't using our practices as effectively as our opponents, but we seem to find ways to beat ourselves in the bowl games so I don't know how much a lesser bowl game would help.

Either way, not trying to sidetrack this into a bowl performance thread, but (bringing it back to this thread) in terms of expectations for next year, I expect us to make a similarly good bowl game and win it this time around.

Expect - 9 wins
Happy - 10 wins and Big Ten West Champs
Upset - losing to Wisconsin again. With them having a head coaching change and the game being at home - the team finally has to get that monkey off the back.

Top Bottom