Expectations for Cam Christie in yr 1?

I mean, the dudes bro was a first round pick. Think he hasnt learned a thing or two from him? My expectations are high
Yep- I don't get why people don't factor this in. Christie, in my view is not an ordinary HS senior in terms of the instruction and workouts he is getting. Max is still only 20 as he was one and done at MSU-though I would say he went a year too early.

I mean, the dudes bro was a first round pick. Think he hasnt learned a thing or two from him? My expectations are high
Yep- I don't get why people don't factor this in. Christie, in my view is not an ordinary HS senior in terms of the instruction and workouts he is getting. Max is still only 20 as he was one and done at MSU-though I would say he went a year too early.

Max was drafted in the 2nd round with the 35th pick, not a 1st round draft pick. He was a McDonalds All American, Cam wasn't.

Despite being a significantly better player in HS than Cam was, this was his stat line in college for a mediocre Michigan St team:

Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 2.01.53 PM.png

The answer is simple why. I don’t need to beat a dead horse.

Max was drafted in the 2nd round with the 35th pick, not a 1st round draft pick. He was a McDonalds All American, Cam wasn't.

Despite being a significantly better player in HS than Cam was, this was his stat line in college for a mediocre Michigan St team:

View attachment 25535
I expect Cam will blow the stats away and also be an All B1G Freshman.

View attachment 25535
Nothing can be good with Ben Johnson coaching. Nothing. Cam will be terrible and if he is good Ben will put him in the wrong spots.

Nothing can be good with Ben Johnson coaching. Nothing. Cam will be terrible and if he is good Ben will put him in the wrong spots.

You love to make shit up and this is another post proving that. I didn’t say any of that and you know it, but people should be more realistic of what his brother accomplished and what Cam will likely be as a lesser version of him.

Last edited:

View attachment 25535
Cam will blow away these numbers Max put up. Easy.

Last edited:

I don’t understand what promise you didn’t see in Ola-Joseph. The kid was tough, at times a spark plug and was an efficient scorer. I think he has promise to be a very good big ten player. I agree with the others but I’m high on Ola-Joseph
Ola Joseph did some good things, but needs to expand his offensive game.

View attachment 25535
Oh so your going to nit pick on what selection he was. They were saying his brother is an nba player and hes probably learned a few things from him. Max was the schools leading scorer all time. Cam is second. Whats your point? Pretty sure cam will be ok. What does max stat line have anything to do with what cam will do? So your saying max scored 9.3 points a game and hes better than cam so theres no way cam can score that? How dumb is this logic?

Last edited:

Oh so your going to nit pick on what selection he was. They were saying his brother is an nba player and hes probably learned a few things from him. Max was the schools leading scorer all time. Cam is second. Whats your point? Pretty sure cam will be ok. What does max stat line have anything to do with what cam will do? So your saying max scored 9.3 points a game and hes better than cam so theres no way cam can score that? How dumb is this logic?

Not as dumb as the logic that having a brother in the NBA makes the younger brother better, even though he wasn't better in HS and wasn't ranked anywhere near his brother or recruited by the blue bloods that his brother was. It takes a 10 second google search to figure out he wasn't a 1st round draft pick, it's not a nit pick.

Not as dumb as the logic that having a brother in the NBA makes the younger brother better, even though he wasn't better in HS and wasn't ranked anywhere near his brother or recruited by the blue bloods that his brother was. It takes a 10 second google search to figure out he wasn't a 1st round draft pick, it's not a nit pick.
Your right that the HS game doesn’t necessarily translate to the college and pro games. Cam will greatly exceed Max as he proceeds. If lucky, we might get 2 years out of Cam. A cinch for All B1G. Sorry, but Cam doesn’t help CBJ get fired.

I don't think there is any excuse for not having a good season. Define good. I think good (based on where we are coming from) would be 8+ wins. Below that and there has to be a compelling reason why Ben stays.
Is that 8+ conference wins?

Your right that the HS game doesn’t necessarily translate to the college and pro games. Cam will greatly exceed Max as he proceeds. If lucky, we might get 2 years out of Cam. A cinch for All B1G. Sorry, but Cam doesn’t help CBJ get fired.
Perhaps we can just put this argument to bed by saying this is a kid who was ranked as the 3rd best player in Illinois by 24/7 (There are a few good players in Illinois), was offered by USC, Mich State, Virginia, Illinois, Ohio State, Marquette, etc., and who appears to be quite a good prospect. Nobody here knows how he'll turn out, but the chances that he'll contribute seem to be favorable. Personally, I like his chances, and I hope he provides something from the wing for us soon, because we'll need it.

Ola Joseph did some good things, but needs to expand his offensive game.
I agree he definitely could use some mid range and needs to handle the ball better. If he can do those two things he will be all big ten by the time he’s a junior or senior but even if he can’t develop a consistent mid range game he will still be extremely valuable. As a freshman he was a very good finisher around the rim. He averaged a little over 7pts on 5 shot attempts and only played around 20 minutes a game. If he continues to work around the rim and continues to mature physically he could be like a Jordan Murphy lite, no outside game but unstoppable under the rim. He needs to be more active on the glass though

Is that 8+ conference wins?
Yes. I think that anything below that they have to think about moving on. At 7 wins that would be three years and 13 wins against 47 losses in conference. 8+ means that they were in the mix for a tourney shot to the end and that's good progress despite the bad three year record.

Yes. I think that anything below that they have to think about moving on. At 7 wins that would be three years and 13 wins against 47 losses in conference. 8+ means that they were in the mix for a tourney shot to the end and that's good progress despite the bad three year record.

Given our OOC schedule, we're gonna probably need 12 B1G wins between the regular season and BTT.

Schedule is bad so far. I hope they can fix it.

At this point, scheduling a home and home seems unlikely because we're almost into June. Maybe we'll do a one off against a MWC team on the road when we travel to San Fran. But that is highly unlikely too. My guess, we fill it out with all home games against shitty teams. Which would truly be pathetic.

They're both going to be so good that they'll both destroy each other in practice and both become shells of themselves. We will finally find out what happens when irresistible force meets an immovable object.
Ben will ruin them. Nothing good can happen. :)

They're both going to be so good that they'll both destroy each other in practice and both become shells of themselves. We will finally find out what happens when irresistible force meets an immovable object.
No chance. Both Battle X 100. I don’t worship a player that self destructed. “Out of position.” Describes your posts better than Battles poor play.

No chance. Both Battle X 100. I don’t worship a player that self destructed. “Out of position.” Describes your posts better than Battles poor play.
Serious question, will you stick around next winter and own up to it if Betts/Cam are not 100x better? I think there is some truth to the "addition via subtraction" by not playing a one-dimensional player out of position...but you claiming this sounds like ridiculous hyperbole. Especially when you have had this username for less than a year.

Maybe you have predicted it elsewhere, but I would love for you to put this into concrete numbers they will average next year. FG%, 3PT%, points, rebounds, etc.

Yes I’ll be here despite the desperate pessimism and lack of basketball knowledge. I have around 40,000 posts total. I have spent decades training young men to excel. I am also a certified coach and over my many decades have coached from little league to semi-pro. Never a losing team. Basketball, football , and baseball. I see a very bright potential for this team and coaching staff. I understand why the untrained eye can’t see it. I do understand why you are skeptical.

Serious question, will you stick around next winter and own up to it if Betts/Cam are not 100x better? I think there is some truth to the "addition via subtraction" by not playing a one-dimensional player out of position...but you claiming this sounds like ridiculous hyperbole. Especially when you have had this username for less than a year.

Maybe you have predicted it elsewhere, but I would love for you to put this into concrete numbers they will average next year. FG%, 3PT%, points, rebounds, etc.
There is no such thing as concrete numbers. Only a fool would try to do that. Think Loblaw. Lol.

Greatly improved? No doubt. It is a team game and we do not know what the chemistry will be. I am also very excited about Mitchell.

There are four ways to look at next year:

I don't care- that's most fans
It's all negative- that's half on this site or more
It might be much better- there are a few
Wait and see- some of those as well

Is there some harm in taking the "it might be much better" view? Does one need to apologize for optimism? I doubt that there will be much of a mea culpa from those who are sure it will be in the toilet again- if it is much better.

I am in the wait and see, it might be much better, combo view. I hope it is!

Top Bottom