Excited we're dancing...but what a brutal draw!

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
I've taken good stock of numerous fan message boards, and there is a pretty good consensus (even on the Wisky board), that we got a brutal draw. #10 Michigan also got a tough draw, but not as tough as ours (Clemson --> Oklahoma).

Look at Wisky with a lowly 12 seed; 1st rd vs. Florida State, 2nd rd Xavier.

Our first 2 rounds? Texas --> Duke (50 miles from Durham)

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we're dancing. But geez, what a draw!

I've taken good stock of numerous fan message boards, and there is a pretty good consensus (even on the Wisky board), that we got a brutal draw. #10 Michigan also got a tough draw, but not as tough as ours (Clemson --> Oklahoma).

Look at Wisky with a lowly 12 seed; 1st rd vs. Florida State, 2nd rd Xavier.

Our first 2 rounds? Texas --> Duke (50 miles from Durham)

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we're dancing. But geez, what a draw!

word. for being close to the last team into the dance becky sure got an easy draw somehow. i call major B.S.!

No doubt we got a tough draw, but I think we're all in the same boat. I could see Duke, Texas, or us making the Sweet 16, or the Elite 8 for that matter. I have no delusions of grandeur; we are certainly the least likely of the three to make a deep run in the tourney.

Being the 11 - 13 seed is ideal match-up wise as the underdog.

While Xavier is likely overrated, I think Florida State is a pretty solid squad actually. While our second-round match up (along with Michigan's) is tougher the UW's, I think they got the toughest opening round match up of the bunch.

word. for being close to the last team into the dance becky sure got an easy draw somehow. i call major B.S.!

I don't think Wiscy was actually the last (or second to last w/ Zona the other 12 seed) in to the tourney. The head of the committee said Wisconsin ended up with a 12 seed because they had to move them to avoid a match up. It could have been that they were supposed to play Texas in our spot but that is a rematch from earlier in the year, it could have been avoiding a Big Ten second round (2nd round match up against MSU?), or it could be something I haven't thought of yet.

Top Bottom