Excited about 4-star transfers? Time to support Dinkytown Athletes!

JosephKaros33

Reaction score
Hey all! The time is now to support Dinkytown Athletes NIL collective. If I were a betting man, I would guess NIL opportunities were part of the reason why we landed Markus Allen in the transfer portal. They're having a 50k match campaign right now. There is no better time to jump on board and become a member or make a donation. There was an awesome article today about it! Go Gophers! Let's blow up this matching campaign!

Share this thread- lets go crazy!

Link to support Dinkytown Athletes
Article about Gophers NIL

Last edited:

Question. On the allocation selection, you can allocate percentages between sports but there is a minimum 5% to "Dinkytown". What happens with that "Dinkytown" selection?

That percentage goes to operating expenses such as keeping a running website (etc.). They do a really nice job ensuring funds go to the athletes as much as possible.

Question. On the allocation selection, you can allocate percentages between sports but there is a minimum 5% to "Dinkytown". What happens with that "Dinkytown" selection?
What’s the exact % for admin costs vs. funds going to the athletes?

Like I said in the other thead on this topic, I joined a couple weeks ago and am thankful to Derek and the other founders for getting this off the ground when it would've been easy to think somebody else would do it. I've heard Ryan Burns say repeatedly we're ahead of Wisconsin and Iowa when it comes to NIL, but I'm guessing we're WAY behind many other B1G schools -- and could slip behind Wisconsin with the Fickell hire. If you've got some disposable income, consider throwing some to the athletes we love to cheer!

Like I said in the other thead on this topic, I joined a couple weeks ago and am thankful to Derek and the other founders for getting this off the ground when it would've been easy to think somebody else would do it. I've heard Ryan Burns say repeatedly we're ahead of Wisconsin and Iowa when it comes to NIL, but I'm guessing we're WAY behind many other B1G schools -- and could slip behind Wisconsin with the Fickell hire. If you've got some disposable income, consider throwing some to the athletes we love to cheer!
No offense, but I wouldn't take what Burns is saying with much more than a grain of salt. Collectives are great, but players are getting good money via NIL without them as well.

No offense, but I wouldn't take what Burns is saying with much more than a grain of salt. Collectives are great, but players are getting good money via NIL without them as well.
Anyone locally? I know Mo has some gushers money coming but haven’t seen terms.

Seems like there are lots of potential opportunities to expand on this in the future. Signed merchandise like uniforms/helmets could bring in lots of $$$. Not sure how involved the athletic department can be....but game worn stuff would raise a lot of money. Auctions and the sort would be cool.

I’m not up on all the rules around this stuff, is it possible for the U to give to the collective?

Top Bottom