Ex-WMU coach P.J. Fleck, thriving at Minnesota, watches Muskegon Big Reds

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per DeCamp:

Minnesota was on a bye week this week, allowing Fleck to get out on the recruiting trail. The Gophers host Penn State next Saturday in a battle of top 15-ranked unbeatens.

Fleck stayed at the Muskegon-Marquette game for about a half before leaving.

“We have special people (at Minnesota). We have really talented players, but they’re even better people and I think that’s the biggest thing we did at Western Michigan,” Fleck said. “We had really good people in there and found a way to connect them all and they did it for something bigger than themselves and that’s what we’re working on doing at Minnesota.”

Fleck said the key to building a program, like at WMU and Minnesota, is taking it day by day – trying to be better tomorrow than today, and “changing your best,” as he’s fond of saying.

Minnesota was one of the programs and schools that Roberts and several Big Reds players visited during a spring-break tour of the Midwest. Roberts said he’s flattered to still be getting attention and that he’ll likely start looking more seriously at schools once Muskegon’s season is over at the end of this month. He said before that he’d like to set up a few official visits after the Big Reds’ season.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2019/1...g-at-minnesota-watches-muskegon-big-reds.html

Go Gophers!!

https://247sports.com/Player/Billie-Roberts-46050244/

An uncommitted 3 star we have offered with offers from BC, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan St, Pitt, Purdue, Syracuse, Tennessee, and others.

Huh, I don't follow recruiting all that closely, but does anyone else find it odd that a 3* recruit with 10+ P5 offers (B1G, SEC, ACC) hasn't even taken a visit let alone committed? Not a big deal of course, just seems strange this late in the recruiting cycle.

If the Gophers can upset Penn State next weekend, I imagine more kids will pay attention to the Gophers.

Wonder if he's holding out for an offer he hasn't received yet.

Top Bottom