Ex-Gophers playing against each other

Carr vs Holmberg Saturday at 930 pm

Notice Gabe came out for 19, but 1-6 from range. Always thought Gabe should work inside out. Very creative scorer off the dribble. Then take what comes to you from the stripe.
Can you imagine the excitement: Carr, Kalschuer, Robbins, Tre, Mashburn Jr. But you all had to run Pitino out of town. Thanks! I still don't get the hate. The grass aint always greener. Now, maybe I'm wrong in 2 years. But 2 years aren;'t promised to anyone so maybe some of us will never know. Also: when was the last time we had an off-court issue with a Gophers Men's Athlete.... (2016 by my accounting).

Can you imagine the excitement: Carr, Kalschuer, Robbins, Tre, Mashburn Jr. But you all had to run Pitino out of town. Thanks! I still don't get the hate. The grass aint always greener. Now, maybe I'm wrong in 2 years. But 2 years aren;'t promised to anyone so maybe some of us will never know. Also: when was the last time we had an off-court issue with a Gophers Men's Athlete.... (2016 by my accounting).
That team was a ton of fun last year.

Cocaine is a helluva drug

Can you imagine if we could ever field a roster like that? We would finish at least 12th in the conference.

Carr and Gabe were gone no matter who the coach was. Robbins is still dealing with his foot injury and doesn't sound remotely close to returning. We have no idea who Pitino would have gotten off the portal, but we'd be lucky to even be as good as last year.l

I needed a laugh today. Thank you.

It was for the first 10 games at least. They beat #4 Iowa on Christmas and #17 Michigan State the game after.
Yeah. I thought we should’ve fired Pitino a couple years earlier than we did, we would no doubt be more competitive and have more upside this year. I’m not sure anyone could debate that with a straight face

Can you imagine if we could ever field a roster like that? We would finish at least 12th in the conference.
Correction: That roster finished about 10th in the ridiculously good big ten last season. Where do we finish if Robbins was healthy all year? Answer: He would have been good for 3-4 wins, easily. That would have put us about 5-6 in the Big Ten, good enough for 6 or 7 seed. A lot of confirmation bias in this chat. You see what you want to see.

Correction: That roster finished about 10th in the ridiculously good big ten last season. Where do we finish if Robbins was healthy all year? Answer: He would have been good for 3-4 wins, easily. That would have put us about 5-6 in the Big Ten, good enough for 6 or 7 seed. A lot of confirmation bias in this chat. You see what you want to see.
We get it, you liked Pitino. Most of the rest of us were ready for him to go. I already like the look of the offense much better this year. Honestly with Robbins talent last year, he should have seen the ball much more in the paint last year. They missed him so many times that I literally screamed at the tv. Carr would never throw the ball in to the paint, and because he dribbled around so much (with Ricky's blessing it seems) the ball rarely went to the wing which is the best place to make an entry pass from. We may not win a bunch of games this year, maybe we will, but I already enjoy watching this team much better then hero ball from last year.

They literally finished 13th.

That’s two that Harper just beat the crap out of Johnson. No call on the first. Looks personal at this point.

We probably make the tourney, but we were 6-9 when Gabe and Liam went out, If Pitino had sat Liam down a couple games earlier he probably could have had him for that winnable stretch against Rutgers, Nebby, PSU and NW, but he ran him into ground against a good Illinois team that everyone knew was going to drill us by 30+. Pitino's own dumb ass fault for not thinking long term

It was for the first 10 games at least. They beat #4 Iowa on Christmas and #17 Michigan State the game after.

Yeah, if we cut the seasons off at 10 games, Pitino would have had a much better record here. Did you actually write that with a straight face?

And, of course, Iowa wasn't really #4 and Michigan State wasn't anywhere close to #17 when it all played out.

We probably make the tourney, but we were 6-9 when Gabe and Liam went out, If Pitino had sat Liam down a couple games earlier he probably could have had him for that winnable stretch against Rutgers, Nebby, PSU and NW, but he ran him into ground against a good Illinois team that everyone knew was going to drill us by 30+. Pitino's own dumb ass fault for not thinking long term

A word of advice: taking VolitileGopher seriously and trying to educate him is waste of your time. Just point at him and laugh.

Yeah, if we cut the seasons off at 10 games, Pitino would have had a much better record here. Did you actually write that with a straight face?

And, of course, Iowa wasn't really #4 and Michigan State wasn't anywhere close to #17 when it all played out.
All I meant was at the moment in time last year it was enjoyable watching gopher basketball. Obviously the season didn't end well.

Carr and Gabe were gone no matter who the coach was. Robbins is still dealing with his foot injury and doesn't sound remotely close to returning. We have no idea who Pitino would have gotten off the portal, but we'd be lucky to even be as good as last year.l

I'm not sure why you are wasting your time trying to counter that remark. If someone doesn't see Pitino as a terrible hire by now, he never will.

Top Bottom