Ex Gopher interim-HC Jeff Horton – FootballScoop 2016 Running Backs Coach of the Year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FootballScoop:

FootballScoop is proud to announce that Jeff Horton is the 2016 FootballScoop Running Backs Coach of the Year presented by ProGrass as selected by prior winners.

Having a player break the FBS all-time rushing record would be a great season for any running backs coach, but the 2016 campaign was so much more for Horton and the San Diego State running backs.

A Nevada graduate, Horton recently completed his sixth season on Rocky Long’s staff in San Diego; he was promoted to associate head coach and offensive coordinator in 2015. With three decades in the business, Horton has spent time in the NFL as an an assistant with the St. Louis Rams and Detroit Lions and served as head coach at Nevada and UNLV from 1993-98. He was the offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach and later interim head coach at Minnesota before arriving at San Diego State.

http://footballscoop.com/news/jeff-horton-footballscoop-2016-running-backs-coach-year-2/

Go Gophers!!

I'll always remember Jeff fondly for when he won the pig.

The kids looked like they were having so much fun that day, they hadn't looked that way in a long time.

Loved when he led the team to the Iowa win at the end of a miserable season. What a moment.

Horton trophy wins 1 Claeys 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good. Glad for Horton, he was a class act when the Gophers needed it.

I saw that, too. Great for Horton- fondly rememered

I'll always remember Jeff fondly for when he won the pig.

The kids looked like they were having so much fun that day, they hadn't looked that way in a long time.

Same here. It was also a fun and totally shocking win in Champaign two weeks before that Iowa upset. Fond feelings for Horton for sure.

Such a fan of his, he handled everything with such class. I remember at the presser the week of the Iowa game I asked him since this season was a wash, why he wouldn't just start Gray to get him experience, instead of Weber. He replied that the game did matter, and he wanted to give us the best shot at winning. It sure did matter, I remember how that game felt. It doesn't look that impressive in a record book, but it did to Gopher fans and myself.

I hardly knew him, but he always made an effort to know my name and be kind:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom