Ewers Leaves OSU

Back story I love on Joe Burrow: His father starred for the Nebraska Cornhuskers, got drafted by Green Bay, but played most of his career in the CFL. Then coached. Rumor is that Burrow was interested in a move to Nebraska from OSU but that Frost didn’t return the interest. Par for the course.

I didn’t think Burrow was much of a runner but he actually accumulated almost 400 yards on the ground each year at LSU. Maybe coaches get as emotionally invested in “their guys” as much as we fans do. If the rumors about him wanting to transfer to Nebraska are true just more fuel for Frost critics.

I didn’t think Burrow was much of a runner but he actually accumulated almost 400 yards on the ground each year at LSU. Maybe coaches get as emotionally invested in “their guys” as much as we fans do. If the rumors about him wanting to transfer to Nebraska are true just more fuel for Frost critics.
Right, Burrow is not a runner. Almost pure drop back passer. Would not have fit into Nebbie’s offensive scheme in which the QB (perhaps by default) seems to serve as the main RB as well. But when Burrow blew up at LSU, some Nebbie fans were pissed that, IF the rumor of Burrow’s interest were true, Frost had not welcomed him.

Ewers would not row the boat he would require a yacht to pick him up. He was not adept at learning the play book. Nickname in Columbus was Joe Dirt. Could be natural fit for the Dirt Burglars

Top Bottom