Ewers Leaves OSU

Wow. Did not expect that. Buckeye fans can’t be happy to lose him, even if they feel good about Stroud.

Does Tanner have to worry about some competition?
He wants to start next year.

Lots of buzz of him to Texas but I don't know if that's real or wishful thinking from my Longhorn friends. Texas Tech is a real dark horse here.

Outside of Texas?
USC makes sense with Slovis regressing (he would then enter the portal).
Clemson would make a lot of sense if they could put some weapons around him.
Georgia? They have two QBs with eligibility remaining.

Wow. Did not expect that. Buckeye fans can’t be happy to lose him, even if they feel good about Stroud.
Yeah, they'll be annoyed. It sounds like he was actually still #3 behind fellow true FR Kyle McCord.

Stupid Ohio State loses two blue chip QBs and still has a freshman Heisman candidate at QB backed up by another 5 star freshman.

When I caught wind of this kid flipping to OSU and saw his tats, stupid mullet and ruthless self-promotion - I knew he wasn’t gonna cut it as a Buckeye

There’s a home for him somewhere, but I’m not sure where that is

QB’s need to be boring. Unless Sark is back on the sauce, he should steer clear of Ewers

When I caught wind of this kid flipping to OSU and saw his tats, stupid mullet and ruthless self-promotion - I knew he wasn’t gonna cut it as a Buckeye

QB’s need to be boring. Unless Sark is back on the sauce, he should steer clear of Ewers
this is silly and not true and just shaking fists at clouds.

He was a less-than-freshman and Stroud got there before him so he started and now he's caught in the numbers game. There is no evidence he won't be a good QB. Lots of this will happen with easy transfers - most of the blue chips will go to CFP type programs and then transfer out if they don't win the job.

He should come to Minnesota to link up with his HS WR
That kid doesn't seem like he'd be into rowing the boat... I'm gonna guess that Fleck would pass on him, even if he was contemplating a move to Minnesota.

Sounds like Texas, A&M and Tech are all in the mix.

Yeah, they'll be annoyed. It sounds like he was actually still #3 behind fellow true FR Kyle McCord.

Stupid Ohio State loses two blue chip QBs and still has a freshman Heisman candidate at QB backed up by another 5 star freshman.
And Jameson Williams (WR) transferred to Bama and only went for over 1,200 yards and 13 TDs. Just wouldn’t see the field enough in Columbus.

Herman not landing Ewers is the reason Sark is at UT. If he has a chance, he'll take him.

People said this same sh!t about Baker and Kyler Murray.

Wow. He had signed an (estimated) $1.4M NIL deal supposedly.
It's why he graduated HS a year early.

Texas does not allow HS athletes to have NIL deals. So he skipped his SR year of HS and enrolled at OSU.

Interesting exchange going on that Ewers NIL deal was tied to playing time. Ewers "reps" have denied and said it wasn't part of the final deal (because it would be in violation of the NCAA rules), but it sure sounds like keeping and extending the NIL contract played a huge role in his need to start games next season.
1638591149225.png

Was Joe Burrow a Prima Donna? Worked out ok for him I think? Could be wrong about that though.

Burrow stuck around at Ohio State for three years and competed with Barrett and Haskins for the starting job. He lost, writing was on the wall, so he transferred. Bailing out after one year is different, in my mind. Fair to disagree. I think it’s at least a small red flag but I’m not going to criticize transferees too harshly as it could be for any myriad number of things.

Speaking of Burrow, he performed at an average to slightly above average level at LSU as starter in 2018 but when Orgeron brought Joe Brady on staff in 2019 and they embraced that brand of air attack with Burrow‘s inherent accuracy it resulted in the best statistical QB season in FBS history. 60 TDs to 6 INTs is just crazy.

Last edited:

Was Joe Burrow a Prima Donna? Worked out ok for him I think? Could be wrong about that though.

For some reason I thought Burrow was a three star player coming out of high school. Looks like he was a four star composite player. And if I remember correctly....he grew up an OSU fan. Probably one of the reasons he stuck around so long. But it worked out for him in the end.

Back story I love on Joe Burrow: His father starred for the Nebraska Cornhuskers, got drafted by Green Bay, but played most of his career in the CFL. Then coached. Rumor is that Burrow was interested in a move to Nebraska from OSU but that Frost didn’t return the interest. Par for the course.

For some reason I thought Burrow was a three star player coming out of high school. Looks like he was a four star composite player. And if I remember correctly....he grew up an OSU fan. Probably one of the reasons he stuck around so long. But it worked out for him in the end.

He was obviously really good, but for whatever reasons XYZ the OSU staff went a different direction. Orgeron made a (lucky or fortuitous?) philosophical shift and hire combined with a great group of skill players to evolve a confluence of offensive greatness that maybe won’t happen again.

Interesting enough but maybe only to me is QB Bailey Zappe at WKU, Sanford’s former stomping grounds, is pushing to to tie or pass Burrow‘s TD record in the upcoming conference title game and bowl game. Currently 52/9. No, he wasn’t a Sanford recruit. He transferred from an FCS school for 2021 under the new WKU staff.

Last edited:

Top Bottom