Everett Withers

good players make a coach look good and terrible players make a coach look inept. it is much more about the ability to execute than what schemes a coach runs.

Not to mention how much pressure was put on him as the offense had to transition from a power running focus to the Dunbar spread. The time of possession differential had to have been brutal that season.

akgopher;119599The time of possession differential had to have been brutal that season.[/QUOTE said:
It was almost exactly the same as it was in 2006.

2006 - 28:37
2007 - 28:27

Jimmy's and Joe's or X's and O's.

I think the announcer hit it right on the head last night. The UNC d-line is like a SEC d-line. That is where it all starts and is the biggest difference between the SEC and BT.

Jimmy's and Joe's or X's and O's.

I think the announcer hit it right on the head last night. The UNC d-line is like a SEC d-line. That is where it all starts and is the biggest difference between the SEC and BT.

it's johnny's and joe's not jimmy's and joe's

it's johnny's and joe's not jimmy's and joe's

That's really the kind of insignificant crap that ticks people off.

I have been following UNC over the past few years becaue they are similar to the Gophers. A middling college football program that mostly bounces between lousy and mediocre; often getting close but never getting over the hump. Plus, Brewster coached there, and Butch Davis started there at the same time Brewster got here, and Withers went from here to there.

There can be little question that Davis is a more established coach than Brewster. If we had our choice between Davis and Brewster, would anybody have picked Brewster? But it seems to me that UNC has gotten no farther than we have the past three years. Great win last night -- they got that "signature win" that everybody here wants. But that win places them 1-3 in a bad ACC. Does a "signature win matter if you're 1-3? Would that be good enough here? Does Davis suck? I say no. It takes some time.

Top Bottom