Even the teams we always look up to (in the standings) have unhappy fans

Maverick

Reaction score
I thought you might enjoy this e-mail I received form a very good friend of mine who is die-hard Ohio State.... A team that has played in BCS bowls every year (?) for the last seven or eight years which MN would love to do.... I can understand his frustration with tOSU being tagged with "loser of all BIG games".... One thing is true though, sometimes its easier to climb the mountain than to stay there... tOSU fans don't grasp the concept of sharing the top very well. One more thing... tOSU fans have a BIG case of L.E.S. when it comes to these big games...too funny!

Well, here is his e-mail....

"I would rather have a team that is building rather than one that is consistently losing the big games all the time. Ohio State needs some fresh blood in the way of an offensive coordinator. Tressel is way too conservative. His play calling sucks and he never gambles on anything. USC went for it on 4th and 1, 3 times and made it all 3. Ohio State kicked a field goal inside USC's 20 on 4th and 1 twice. OSU has decent running backs and a quarterback that runs well. He wouldn't even try. He probably felt that he had the game in hand, and USC had to do something because they were behind, but in games against top 5 ranked teams you can't let them hang around within 5 points because they will beat you. Ohio State has become a team that plays to not lose instead of to win and as long as they continue that strategy they are going to lose those big games. Their defense played awesome, except for USC's last drive. If you were not connected to either team, it was a good game to watch. Ohio State led all the way until the end. Sorry, you asked what time it was, and I told you how to build a watch. It was just one of those games where you could just watch it unfold. You knew what was going to happen before it did because of what we call "Tressel Ball""

Sounds like most Michigan fans I knew when Carr was there.

Top Bottom