Evaluate whole basketball program

ccgophfan

Reaction score
Look, it starts with Maturi. He is a poor evaluator of coaching talent, although he may have lucked out with Coach Kill. Now its Tubs. He won a little at Kentucky when he inherited some good players and where they can choose talent and not have to recruit a whole lot. I will say this again - at MN he hasn't recruited any pure shooters; only guys who can run, jump, and dunk. I feel sorry for the players (most of our team) who should be playing at lower division 1 or possibly division 2. Ralph simply looks like he should be a basketball player, but his desire and guts place him more in the music department playing piano or flute. Rodney, "the best athlete in the BIG" is at best a role player - with some talent, but can't shoot or rebound a lick. Austin is a stud athlete, but has horrible touch, but I think he will develop in a year or two. All of the rest would make decent role players coming off the bench on a lower level BIG team even lower. Back to Tubs - can anyone figure out if he knows how to place a player in position to succeed? I believe that most of us know the strengths of most of the players, but I don't see the coaching staff putting those players into situations for them to be able to be successful. I am starting to wonder if it is possible for the U to be successful in the future or are we just going to be the patsy of the BIG. Your thoughts?

Top Bottom