Estime Commits

If we're talking just Atlantic HS -

2011 (4) - Estime (MN), Matilus (MN), Ezekiel Turner (FIU), Luther Maddy (undecided, offers from FAU, FIU, NIU, Western Mich., MTSU)
2010 (4) - Kirkwood (MN), James Louis (Ohio St.), Mark Leal (Va. Tech), Quadarias Mireles (Ole Miss)
2009 (2) - Jayron Hosley (Va. Tech), Robert Robinson (UL-Lafayette)
2008 (1) - Karnell Hatcher (LSU)
2007 (1) - Orlando Franklin (Miami)

So, over the past 5 recruiting cycles, they've sent a total of 12 players to DI-A schools, many of them to BCS schools. Minnesota has signed 3 and Va. Tech 2 in the last 3 cycles.

In watching the video Jason Pierre Paul from USF and the Giants came to mind. Pierre Paul only played one year of HS football and will Wesley will probably end up having similar dimensions to Jason once he puts on a few pounds in college. Both also seem like speed guys coming off the edge. Hopefully Kill was able to spot a diamond in the rough and he turns out to be anywhere near the skill set of Pierre Paul.

If we're talking just Atlantic HS -

2011 (4) - Estime (MN), Matilus (MN), Ezekiel Turner (FIU), Luther Maddy (undecided, offers from FAU, FIU, NIU, Western Mich., MTSU)

Any reason why we would not offer Luther Maddy??

We have the Schollys,-
With Jewhan gone, we need a DT
he has some good size for a 18 year old
has other northern offers, I think it would be an easy sell with his teammates already on board.

One of the most exciting commits I feel like we've had so far. Just looks like a potentially explosive player based on his film. Obviously there are many factors in how good he could be once he gets here, but just seems like a really raw talent that could end up paying huge dividends for us in three years.

Any reason why we would not offer Luther Maddy??

We have the Schollys,-
With Jewhan gone, we need a DT
he has some good size for a 18 year old
has other northern offers, I think it would be an easy sell with his teammates already on board.

I see what you're saying, but the "offer a kid because he's there and will probably commit" is Glen Mason-type of thinking. That recruiting style went out the door 4+ years ago and I see no reason to go back to it.

The last thing I ever see Jerry Kill doing recruiting-wise is offering kids just because they're there and he can get them. He will do his due diligence and offer players because they can help and they have potential. His recruiting this cycle has been amazing given the constraints. I can't wait to see what he can do next year when he's on equal footing with his peers.

I can't wait to see what he can do next year when he's on equal footing with his peers.

Especially since next year will be a banner year in Minnesota for kids with d1a potential. Hopefully Kill can find a few sleepers to fill out this year's class.

Question

One of the most exciting commits I feel like we've had so far. Just looks like a potentially explosive player based on his film. Obviously there are many factors in how good he could be once he gets here, but just seems like a really raw talent that could end up paying huge dividends for us in three years.

Wedley looks so amazing! If he hasn't played much, if he has a tape like that, if he has a frame and height like that, if he has that kind of motor, if he has that kind of closing speed, those kind of football instincts...well, how isn't he being recruited by Florida, Florida St, Alabama, USC, Notre Dame etc etc ??

Don't mean to be negative but this guy looks sooo potentially good to me. What's wrong with him?
It is not because others don't know about him, that I'm sure of.

His film does look good. As a high school coach, I watch alot of film. What stood out to me the most was those poor offensive tackles trying to block him. Talk about a feeling of hopelessness. Does anyone know what his teams record was? They looked like men among boys.

I see what you're saying, but the "offer a kid because he's there and will probably commit" is Glen Mason-type of thinking. That recruiting style went out the door 4+ years ago and I see no reason to go back to it.

The last thing I ever see Jerry Kill doing recruiting-wise is offering kids just because they're there and he can get them. He will do his due diligence and offer players because they can help and they have potential. His recruiting this cycle has been amazing given the constraints. I can't wait to see what he can do next year when he's on equal footing with his peers.

MY post was beyond offer him cause he will commit. my logic is we have a need at DT,
the player analysis was done as he has a NIU offer, and this late in the game having teammates helps our cause.

I too am very impressed with what Kill has done to date with recruiting and is easing what many saw as a weakness.

His film does look good. As a high school coach, I watch alot of film. What stood out to me the most was those poor offensive tackles trying to block him. Talk about a feeling of hopelessness. Does anyone know what his teams record was? They looked like men among boys.

I was thinking the same thing, his footwork to avoid the block and move up to make the sack or tackle was very instinctive.

Wedley looks so amazing! If he hasn't played much, if he has a tape like that, if he has a frame and height like that, if he has that kind of motor, if he has that kind of closing speed, those kind of football instincts...well, how isn't he being recruited by Florida, Florida St, Alabama, USC, Notre Dame etc etc ??

Don't mean to be negative but this guy looks sooo potentially good to me. What's wrong with him?
It is not because others don't know about him, that I'm sure of.

Yeah, you wonder, but a lot of those schools don't need to take stabs at projects, they can just get the kids who are already established and have similar skill sets. Here, though, I have no problem getting raw talent that may just simply need some time to grow and flourish, like a Dajon McKnight.

MY post was beyond offer him cause he will commit. my logic is we have a need at DT,
the player analysis was done as he has a NIU offer, and this late in the game having teammates helps our cause.

I too am very impressed with what Kill has done to date with recruiting and is easing what many saw as a weakness.

Then his weakness must be his coaching staff on this board:clap:

this dude is a freak from the tapes... welcome aboard cant wait to see him on the field sooner then later

The team has a number of redshirts at DT from this year, so I can understand if Coach Kill skips taking a DT this year. You have to consider that next year there will be several instate DTs available so there's a good opportunity load up.

The team has a number of redshirts at DT from this year, so I can understand if Coach Kill skips taking a DT this year. You have to consider that next year there will be several instate DTs available so there's a good opportunity load up.

That and there are currently nine DTs on the roster (ten if Hageman moves over).

This kid makes garin look like he has cement blocks strapped to his feet.

This kid makes garin look like he has cement blocks strapped to his feet.

That's who I thought of immediately. Another thing he does on film that I have yet to see from Garin is establishing and holding the edge.

Very impressive video! :clap:

Maybe he'll redshirt? He looks amazingly athletic, and looks like a great recruit. I'm just thinking that a redshirt would be helpful, because he's only played one year of football, not because he isn't talented.

PantherHawk already jumped down his throat. He posted on Wedley Estime's wall: "you committed to the goofers? wow.. way to throw it all away! lol"

PantherHawk already jumped down his throat. He posted on Wedley Estime's wall: "you committed to the goofers? wow.. way to throw it all away! lol"

Wow, doesnt surprise me though, he posted somethin on Bishop Sankeys wall about if he came to Minnesota he would be stuck in a snow storm, or some nonsense, what a freak.

Wow, doesnt surprise me though, he posted somethin on Bishop Sankeys wall about if he came to Minnesota he would be stuck in a snow storm, or some nonsense, what a freak.

Ridiculous. I feel like if I was a recruiter and saw that, I'd go to facebook and do everything in my power to remove him

Impressive video. He looks as if he could dominate at either Defensive End or Outside Linebacker. Outstanding pickup. Reminds me athletically of Bobby Bell and Matt Blair.

Ridiculous. I feel like if I was a recruiter and saw that, I'd go to facebook and do everything in my power to remove him

Sometimes I think of the time I have spent on the Gopherhole, and I think "What a waste."

Then I think of the time he has spent friending potential Minnesota recruits on Facebook, trying to convince them how backwards and awful Minnesota is, and generally slobbering and ranting about Minnesota...and I feel much better.

Checked out Carringtons FB page and sure enough Phawk was on there telling him MPLS is a sh!t hole and -20 degrees, told him better bring his wool underwear. Lmao at this tool.

Checked out Carringtons FB page and sure enough Phawk was on there telling him MPLS is a sh!t hole and -20 degrees, told him better bring his wool underwear. Lmao at this tool.

Wow, if he doesn't have legitimate mental issues I would be seriously shocked. Dude is ripping on Minnesota, when he is from Iowa!!! that seriously is hilarious.

Do any gopher fans rip him a new one when he posts?

Wow, if he doesn't have legitimate mental issues I would be seriously shocked. Dude is ripping on Minnesota, when he is from Iowa!!! that seriously is hilarious.

I remember seeing a player.. can't remember who.. writing "Screw you PantherHawk" whenever we beat Iowa.

I honestly used to believe he was an Andy Kaufman style gimmick by some brilliant MN fan in the vein of Carl Gerbschmidt.

Seriously, when you look at his life with the saxophone, weird Dallas Clark picture, one of the geekiest looking guys you could ever imagine, and the Harry Potter, Star Wars/light saber stuff. He almost seems to pathetic to be true.

Maybe it was part of me that just hoped it was a fake for the sake of anyone close to him.

On a side note, could you imagine how funny a hidden camera video on Pantherhawk during the Iowa/MN game would have been? When you see the fury and passion he has for his hatred of the Gophers, it had to be an absolute epic meltdown. HaydenFryGuy's (on KFAN page) was pretty hilarious and he is considerably more rational than Pantherhawk.

Top Bottom