ESPN's SP+ predicts final score for every B1G game in Week 2

Did they accidentally use Iowa defense in that formula for Western Ill?

What is "Wagner"? They have Rutgers beating Wagner 50-0. Wagner must be the equivalent of a mediocre high school team.

Iowa is going to need a lot of safeties to get 25 points on Iowa State given the offense scored only 3 pts against SDSU.

What is "Wagner"? They have Rutgers beating Wagner 50-0. Wagner must be the equivalent of a mediocre high school team.

Iowa is going to need a lot of safeties to get 25 points on Iowa State given the offense scored only 3 pts against SDSU.
Eleven safeties shouldn't be much of a problem!👌

hard to cheer for a shutout but it isn’t THAT ridiculous to speculate the gophers could have zero point allowed going into Michigan state game

The two offense they face are bad and the defense is good

Wagner is small private school located in Staten Island, NYC. They must be FCS like Western Illinois.

Wagner is small private school located in Staten Island, NYC. They must be FCS like Western Illinois.

Somehow Wagner is even worse than Western Illinois. WIU is 4-27 since 2019, but Wagner trounces them with a 1-25 mark over the same period. Wagner has not won a game since 24-14 over Long Island U, on 9/28/19. 0 for the decade. 21 straight Ls.

I can’t wait to see how Iowa scores 25 points.

3 defensive TDs and 2 safeties? :unsure:

WoOops. Had the same two thoughts.

I can’t wait to see how Iowa scores 25 points.

3 defensive TDs and 2 safeties? :unsure:
Maybe they decide to just punt on 2nd or 3rd down in order to give the defense more chances to score. Might be their best hope. Of all the games this weekend I am probably most curious about that game to see how Iowa responds to week 1. Their offense has been the laughinstock of the college football world all week (not that it was much better last year or anything)

hard to cheer for a shutout but it isn’t THAT ridiculous to speculate the gophers could have zero point allowed going into Michigan state game

The two offense they face are bad and the defense is good
It's fairly likely they'll have zero pts allowed after this weekend. Is CO that bad offensively as well? You'd think even a crappy PAC 12 team would get a FG or something.

It's fairly likely they'll have zero pts allowed after this weekend. Is CO that bad offensively as well? You'd think even a crappy PAC 12 team would get a FG or something.
They didn’t last year at home in this matchup

They didn’t last year at home in this matchup
Good point, didn't recall that. I'm terrible at remembering individual game scores from previous years. It would be pretty nuts to have zero points allowed after 3 games.

Somehow Wagner is even worse than Western Illinois. WIU is 4-27 since 2019, but Wagner trounces them with a 1-25 mark over the same period. Wagner has not won a game since 24-14 over Long Island U, on 9/28/19. 0 for the decade. 21 straight Ls.

I didn't realize that both of those schools were that bad. Top half FBS schools probably should not play FCS schools of that caliber.

Wasn't there a push a few years back for FBS (or maybe just Big 10 teams) to not schedule FCS teams anymore? Games like that are trash. Basically just a fancy scrimmage.

Massey Ratings has the Gophs 42-6. Massey also has the Gophs rated #15 in the country. I like Massey.

Top Bottom