ESPN's David Pollack says women don't belong on College Football Playoff committee

And he doesn't deserve to have a job. What a moron. Women can't understand or be passionate about football?!?

What he originally said was that he wants people who played football and are around football programs to be the ones making the decisions. He's right.

This is a non-story. I happen to agree with Pollack that only people that played or coached should be on the committee.

This is a non-story. I happen to agree with Pollack that only people that played or coached should be on the committee.

Why? What does playing or coaching help with?

I would guess Beth Mowins knows WAY more about the top 25 college football teams than Barry Alvarez or Oliver Luck or Tom Osborne does. It's her full-time job to be knowledgeable about the state of college football. There's no way that Alvarez or Luck or Osborne watches more than 2 college football games a week.

That being said, Condi Rice was a silly choice, just like any politician would have been, even it'd been one who played college football.

I would assume mellon's also?

egutyruq.jpg

I would guess Beth Mowins knows WAY more about the top 25 college football teams than Barry Alvarez or Oliver Luck or Tom Osborne does. It's her full-time job to be knowledgeable about the state of college football. There's no way that Alvarez or Luck or Osborne watches more than 2 college football games a week.

That being said, Condi Rice was a silly choice, just like any politician would have been, even it'd been one who played college football.

It's actually her full-time job to be knowledgeable about the two teams she is covering each week and she is terrible at that. She'll never cover a game involving a top 10 team.

Hey, if it will get her out of my TV, PUT HER ON THE COMMITTEE!!!!

As for Rice, Tony Barnhart suggested her addition to the committee back in May.

"This is my wild card to keep everybody in the room on their toes," Barnhart wrote. "If Dr. Rice could have had her pick of jobs after serving as Secretary of State, she would have been commissioner of the NFL. She knows football. She is also one of the newest members of the Augusta National Golf Club. Having her intellect and judgment in the room would be a plus."

Former Auburn head coach Pat Dye joined those ranks on Monday when he criticized the addition of Rice to the committee on WJOX morning show The Opening Drive.

"All she knows about football is what somebody told her," Dye said. "Or what she read in a book, or what she saw on television. To understand football, you've got to play with your hand in the dirt."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/pat_dye_on_condoleeza_rice_all.html

Go Gophers!!

Former Auburn head coach Pat Dye joined those ranks on Monday when he criticized the addition of Rice to the committee on WJOX morning show The Opening Drive.

"All she knows about football is what somebody told her," Dye said. "Or what she read in a book, or what she saw on television. To understand football, you've got to play with your hand in the dirt."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/pat_dye_on_condoleeza_rice_all.html

Go Gophers!!

The nerve!

Reminds me of an old timer about 30 years ago. Claimed there were two things that didn't belong of a golf course. Pine trees and women.:cool02:

She should be like all women, in the kitchen and wearing all white...like the other appliances.

Top Bottom