ESPN2 Announcers

centerofmn

Reaction score
I swear they have not gotten a single Gopher name right all game. They just called Eric Decker, Aaron (Erin) Decker. The least they could do is learn to read the roster.

Willis

she had Rex Sharpe making plays

Whaley was Bennett

come on, get a spotter

she also called decker stoudamire once in the first quarter

Bryant Allen got a carry early on and they said it was Stoudermire.

Pam also said Decker's long catch was for touchdown (and this was long after that play). She is just brutal as an announcer. As I said on the thread for the game, I know that this game is not high on the pecking order for ESPN, but surely there are better play by play people and color commentators out there somewhere!!

Pam was terrible. She has been terrible for years. I think that the only reason she has a job is she is a woman and ESPN is trying to check the box. Unfortunately, we are usually not on the top of the ESPN schedule. Fortunately, we are on ESPN pretty regularly.

Pam was terrible. She has been terrible for years. I think that the only reason she has a job is she is a woman and ESPN is trying to check the box. Unfortunately, we are usually not on the top of the ESPN schedule. Fortunately, we are on ESPN pretty regularly.

ding, ding, ding. we have a winner!! heck, i don't even care if it is a woman (that is pushing it for pam) calling the plays or not. just want someone who can accurately call a game.

listening to pam is like listening to chip caray call mlb games on tbs........very funny ;)

Yeah it was pretty busch league...It seamed lik 1/4 of their commentary was correcting a mistake they made made from earlier. and lets be honest thank god we only have to see Pam's face once or twice throughout the game...she's not much to look at.

Please realize how far up the press box is from the field. As a PBP veteran myself - I know how difficult it is to spot everyone at first blush. Sometimes their jersey is not facing the right way to be able to see the number. Sometimes the jersey is muddy. I wish I was higher up like at TCF Bank. OK - so maybe some of these problems are specific to the high school game....but I digress.

This is basically on the spotter. A good spotter sits there with binoculars and calls out who has the ball the instant it happens. Unless the PBP guy/gal knows differently, they follow it. Then as soon as the play is over they call out the tackler and the yardage gained. You ever wonder how Brad Nessler knows it was a 37-yard play right as the guy is tackled? It isn't because he is exceptional at math.

I would put most of these mistakes on the spotter - although "Erin" Decker would be on Pam. The spotter would generally just say "Decker."

I wish I had a spotter. Or a stats guy. It would make my games so much easier and less hectic.

Top Bottom