ESPN+

KGF

Reaction score
Have others watched this low caliber sports telecast for games?

I’ve watched one CFB game and am watching the Blackhawks-Coyote game tonight. Announcing sucks. Mixed male-female announcing crew, but they all suck.

Listening to this woman do play by play is like being forced to watch someone scraping their fingernails on a chalkboard.

I had to turn the sound off.

they're just picking up feeds from different sources. it's not like ESPN+ is assigning the announcers.
sometimes they carry a national feed. other times it's a local feed, so they get the local announcers.

tonight (Saturday) for the Wild-Kraken game, they have both local feeds listed, so you could get the MN announcers or the Seattle announcers. (disclaimer - some local feeds are blacked out if the game is available in your local broadcast area).

FWIW, I watch a lot of boxing on ESPN+. I've seen fight cards that originated in several countries, including England, Dubai and Russia. the announcing varies in quality, but you do get some background on the local fighters.

ESPN+, just like BTN+

The answer is NO. I won't double-pay for service.

🖕🖕

ESPN+, just like BTN+

The answer is NO. I won't double-pay for service.

🖕🖕
Eh. It's much better than BTN+. I watched a college basketball game last night (SDSU-Alabama) and it was miles better than BTN+ has ever been Basically indistinguishable from a game on regular ESPN.

I don't care about the quality.

I already pay for ESPN (and BTN). I'm not double-paying. No!

It's great for people who don't pay for a live TV service. Then it makes perfect sense.

You should get it included with a live TV subscription.

It's crap, like most of the programming from ESPN but in minor cases a necessity. I recently added Hulu to get ESPN+ so I could get a few more of the hockey games I want to watch. Uff dah. It's painful, but listening without the sound is always an option, and a good option

It's nice during the basketball season. Lots of mostly uninteresting NCAA games to put on in the background.

FWIW - if you go with the Disney+ bundle, you get ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu for about $12 a month. (that is the regular Hulu - not "Hulu Live.")

obviously, depends on your budget and viewing tastes. But I watch things on all three channels often enough so that I think I am getting my money's worth.

Only pay more for ESPN8 “The Ocho.”

Top Bottom