ESPN worst case scenario for UW: Minnesota wins Big Ten

AO54

Reaction score

Wow! Bennett really pounds on Becky!! Hope he is right!! Go Gophers!!

"New Glarus closes its doors, relocating to Minneapolis." No thanks, we're good.

Yeah, he did rip them a little didn't he. Wonder what the Gophers have coming?

Uhm...I'd be happy to have New Glarus in town.

I kind of get what you are saying. The more breweries the better I say. But show me an over-hyped New Glarus Spotted Cow cream ale and I will show you an equal, if not better, Third Street Brewhouse Rise to the Top cream ale from Cold Spring, MN. So much of New Glarus' stuff is nothing but hype, imo. Not saying their beer is bad, it's not, but it is not the end all, be all, that some drunken sconnie transplants who now live in Minnesota would have you believe it is.

Sorry....just always shake my head a bit when some people rave about how amazing and exclusive Spotted Cow supposedly is when in fact you can get something brewed right here in Minnesota that is just as good or better.

I kind of get what you are saying. The more breweries the better I say. But show me an over-hyped New Glarus Spotted Cow cream ale and I will show you an equal, if not better, Third Street Brewhouse Rise to the Top cream ale from Cold Spring, MN. So much of New Glarus' stuff is nothing but hype, imo. Not saying their beer is bad, it's not, but it is not the end all, be all, that some drunken sconnie transplants who now live in Minnesota would have you believe it is.

Sorry....just always shake my head a bit when some people rave about how amazing and exclusive Spotted Cow supposedly is when in fact you can get something brewed right here in Minnesota that is just as good or better.

I did not know about that one. My brother lives in Avon...I guess I have a new stop next time I'm up there.

I did not know about that one. My brother lives in Avon...I guess I have a new stop next time I'm up there.

You should as they have a really nice taproom too and their brewery is completely remodeled and brilliant. Believe it was German manufactured as well. That said, Third Steet Brewhouse sells their stuff in 6 and 12 packs in almost every liquor store/grocery store in the Twin Cities and throughout much of Minnesota now. Have been for the last 1-2 years or so.

http://www.thirdstreetbrewhouse.com/

You should as they have a really nice taproom too and their brewery is completely remodeled and brilliant. Believe it was German manufactured as well. That said, Third Steet Brewhouse sells their stuff in 6 and 12 packs in almost every liquor store/grocery store in the Twin Cities and throughout much of Minnesota now. Have been for the last 1-2 years or so.

http://www.thirdstreetbrewhouse.com/

Looks like my boys are headed up to fish with Uncle Mark very soon. If possible, I'll always buy from the brewery instead of heading up to see Woody at my local stop. You get a bad rep if you're there too often. :)

Uhm...I'd be happy to have New Glarus in town.

Could not agree more. Not a big fan of Spotted Cow, and there is something about the flavor profiles of their beers that does not quite work for me...might be that fact that I was trained to like good beer by The Summit Brewing Company (Saga=perfection). But the New Glarus cherry lambic is out of this world.

More importantly, New Glarus embodies the spirit of the small regional brewery. They make beer because they want to drink it, they experiment fearlessly, they create a loyal following.

They would be welcome in my neighborhood.

Yes! Finally someone that gets it! I've been saying for years now how Rise To The Top is as good, if not better than, Spotted Cow.

New Glarus gets fan points because it's so limited in its distribution. It's the same reason that Surly Furious was at one point considered one of the best beers in the world. It's a really good beer, but it's overhyped just because it's so hard to get.

Could not agree more. Not a big fan of Spotted Cow, and there is something about the flavor profiles of their beers that does not quite work for me...might be that fact that I was trained to like good beer by The Summit Brewing Company (Saga=perfection). But the New Glarus cherry lambic is out of this world.

More importantly, New Glarus embodies the spirit of the small regional brewery. They make beer because they want to drink it, they experiment fearlessly, they create a loyal following.

They would be welcome in my neighborhood.

Agree with all this. One thing I like about New Glarus is that they could sell today if they wanted to; they have a large number of suitors that are trying to buy them damn near every day. But they are sticking to their guns and want to stay independent.

Top Bottom