AIR FORCE 6pm
CALIFORNIA 11am
@Norrhwestern 11am
WISCONSIN 11am
PURDUE 11am
@Penn State 230pm
@Ohio State 11am
MICHIGAN ST. 7pm

Who knows if these are legit. It is espn reporting.

the only ones that are correct out of those are the Air Force and Michigan State game. the other one should be TBA.

but i don't see any times set for the other ones under August or in there.

the only ones that are correct out of those are the Air Force and Michigan State game. the other one should be TBA.

but i don't see any times set for the other ones under August or in there.

Purdue, OSU and PSU are also correct IIRC

Close to no chance Cal will play at 11am.

Why do you say this?

As of right now, there are 5 possibilities (in bold):

11:00 BTN - TBD
11:00 ESPN - TBD

11:00 ESPN2 - East Carolina @ North Carolina
2:30 ABC - USC @ Washington or Nebraska @ Virginia Tech
2:30 ESPN - Utah @ Oregon
2:30 ESPN2 - USC @ Washington or Nebraska @ Virginia Tech
6:00 ESPN2 - TBD
6:00 BTN - TBD

7:00 ABC - Texas Tech @ Texas
7:00 ESPN - TBD

My bet is on ESPN at 11:00 am or ESPN at 7:00 pm.
This is the only game that I am hoping for an 11:00 am kickoff (because it is 9:00 am California time).

(note, I don't think the BTN has a game between the end of the 11:00 game and beginning of the 6:00 game)

Why do you say this?

As of right now, there are 6 possibilities (in bold):

11:00 BTN - TBD
11:00 ABC - TBD
11:00 ESPN - TBD

11:00 ESPN2 - East Carolina @ North Carolina
2:30 ABC - USC @ Washington or Nebraska @ Virginia Tech
2:30 ESPN - Utah @ Oregon
2:30 ESPN2 - USC @ Washington or Nebraska @ Virginia Tech
6:00 ESPN2 - TBD
6:00 BTN - TBD

7:00 ABC - Texas Tech @ Texas
7:00 ESPN - TBD

This is the only game that I am hoping for an 11:00 am kickoff (because it is 9:00 am California time).

(note, I don't think the BTN has a game between the end of the 11:00 game and beginning of the 6:00 game)

I'm pretty positive there is no 11am ABC game. All the 11am games end up on the ESPN family of channels (or in the case of the B10, on the Big Ten Network).

I think this game is going to be prime time on ESPN or ESPN 2. This is two schools in Top 15 media markets playing in a new stadium - on a week where most BCS-conferece teams are playing cupcakes. I can't imagine, considering the expectations out there for Cal, that ESPN isn't going to want to put this game on at a time that people on the West Coast can't see it.

There is no chance Cal loses to Maryland last year if the game weren't at the crack-of-dawn Pacific time -- So 11 AM certainly could be an advantage.

I'm pretty positive there is no 11am ABC game. All the 11am games end up on the ESPN family of channels (or in the case of the B10, on the Big Ten Network).

I did some checking and you are correct. I edited my listing to reflect this.
Thanks GoAUpher.

Purdue, OSU and PSU are also correct IIRC

This is true. The Big Ten announced the times for Homecoming games to allow the universities to finalize all of their plans for festivities. We host Purdue for our homecoming and OSU & PSU are hosting us for their homecoming game.

That loss to Maryland last year is probably the deciding factor for Cal. They'll fight tooth and nail not to play that early.

That loss to Maryland last year is probably the deciding factor for Cal. They'll fight tooth and nail not to play that early.

It is a good thing the visiting team has no say in the decision. :)

It is a good thing the visiting team has no say in the decision. :)

Unfortunately we don't really get a say either...I mean, I suppose the U could buck ESPN if they wanted to make it a 7pm game but I don't see it happening.

LOL, Cal would be gettin the major shaft if they played that game at 11. I love it!

Also if USC and Washington are on ABC, there is no chance at all that the game will be shown on ESPN2 outside the west coast. as the Pac 10 does not Reverse mirror with ABC. only ACC and Big ten do Reverse mirror with ABC.

Cal at 11am (1-0)

2003: Cal 31 Illinois 24

It isn't the time of the game - it is the quality of the team that will determine the winner...

I'm looking forward to seeing your new stadium in person.

And now, ESPN removed all but Air Force, Ohio State and Michigan State start times. With ESPN reporting, who knows?

2003: Cal 31 Illinois 24

It isn't the time of the game - it is the quality of the team that will determine the winner...

I'm looking forward to seeing your new stadium in person.

Illinois was HORRIBLE that year. They were 1-11.

An 11am kickoff won't likely be the deciding factor, but it certainly would be one advantage for Minnesota in a game where Cal will have the talent advantage.

Enjoy your trip to Minneapolis for the game.

Illinois was HORRIBLE that year. They were 1-11.

An 11am kickoff won't likely be the deciding factor, but it certainly would be one advantage for Minnesota in a game where Cal will have the talent advantage.

Enjoy your trip to Minneapolis for the game.

This is a lame excuse. Time change means absolutely nothing. I'm tired of all this east coast west coast jet lag b.s. Your adrenaline takes over at game time and 9:00am vs. 11:00am means nothing.

This is a lame excuse. Time change means absolutely nothing. I'm tired of all this east coast west coast jet lag b.s. Your adrenaline takes over at game time and 9:00am vs. 11:00am means nothing.

As I said, I don't think it will be a deciding factor, but the game time could be one small advantage for MN should it be a morning kickoff. Many other factors will favor Cal, including talent level.

You can sound macho and say start time means nothing, but the facts show otherwise...even at the highest level of football. NFL West Coast teams that traveled east for noon (CST) kickoffs were 37-85 (.303 %) over the past four seasons. Those same teams were 24-31 (.437 %) in all other road games.

Finely tuned athletes are creatures of habit. If guys kick off at noon on the clock, but it says 9am or 10am on their own internal clock, that will have an effect on them. Their level of alertness and sharpness will not be what it is when they are used to practicing, playing, and performing a few hours later. Plain and simple.

Doesn't mean the Gophers are guaranteed a win - far from it. But, a morning kickoff could be one small helper. That's all I'm saying.

I don't think I'm offering up some "lame excuse." Why would I?

Top Bottom