ESPN Rumor Mill: Minnesota Close to Landing Top Cali WR

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Anybody know who this highly touted receiver could be?

Drew Wolitarsky, he'll be at the game this weekend. Check out the thread below titled "Official Visit 2012."

There are more then a few big name recruits coming in for this game (Hunter Jarmon, Tedric Thompson, Berkley Edwards) - we need to impress with a loud stadium and a victory.

He's a lot like A J Barker, he either holds or will hold a bunch of state records, and plays in the top HS division in the state, except it's the state of California. He's 6'3 and 210 so a more apt comparison might be with Eric Decker.

He's a lot like A J Barker, he either holds or will hold a bunch of state records, and plays in the top HS division in the state, except it's the state of California. He's 6'3 and 210 so a more apt comparison might be with Eric Decker.
He reminds me more of Brandon Stokley, Wes Welker, Derek Engel, Jordy Nelson, and Cat Stevens.

This is an excellent game to bring the Wide Receiver recruits in as it will give them a look into next year's offense.

A full house that rocks along with a win will do wonders to seal the deal.

Watching the video and the first thought that popped into my head is, "holy balls he's a tall kid." He's gotta be taller than 6'3", or is everyone else in California just really small?

kinda shifty for a white boy. Sign him up!

Jesus. I'm 3 minutes deep in the highlight reel and I haven't seen one reception that didn't turn into a TD. Does this kid only catch TD's??

My thought is bring the QB with him. Every ball is right on the mark with him never breaking stride to adjust for the ball.

Haha yeah, he was hittin him on a ton of those throws.

Kid's definitely got some shiftiness to him, strong too, he busted up a couple dudes with stiff arms.

love how he plays WR, CB, returns punts, covers punts, kickoff etc. Kid's a hard nosed player, plays all over the place and was hitting people on D. Get him Kill!

love how he plays WR, CB, returns punts, covers punts, kickoff etc. Kid's a hard nosed player, plays all over the place and was hitting people on D. Get him Kill!

Tough and smart player. Bring him in!

This looks like a Kill recruit. Tough, hard nosed kid that can play the game. I don't care what is ranking is. Bring him in. This could turn into a great week end. Fill the Bank. Win the game. Get a few commitments.

His Cali. non ranking is meaningless as 1 in 8 high school football players are Cali residents. Population 32 million.

I'm typically better at spotting HS hockey players & how they can translate at higher levels than football, but the kid looks like a player.

Why aren't others on to him? Talking the UNLV's/Washington's/Wazzu's/Oregon State's etc. etc. etc.........what am I missing here?

He doesn't have elite top end speed and may project as an H back.

He doesn't have elite top end speed and may project as an H back.

In the article linked earlier, it mentioned that he ran a 10.9 100 in spring track. I trust track times a lot more than I do fake 40 times, so if he's even in the 11.2-11.3 range in the 100, that's plenty fast enough to play WR in an AQ conference, especially if he's 6'3" and comfortably over 200 lbs.

Yep he's big, catches everything close, runs good routes, and is faster then he's been given credit for. Who from recent Gopher history matches that description?

Yep he's big, catches everything close, runs good routes, and is faster then he's been given credit for. Who from recent Gopher history matches that description?

Haya Carpenter or Ralph Spry?

Ralph Spry?

Awesome!

He looks like a cross between Decker, Aaron Hosack, Aaron Osterman, Spencer Dettman, Shorty Long & every other white WR MN's had since 1992....:D

Seriously, he looks like a player. I don't get why other programs aren't after him....

Don't forget about my guy Logan Payne

Would you prefer a WR who is small, can't catch, runs poor routes and is slow?

Top Bottom