ESPN Portal Data

So you think no one will pony up to attract big time transfers if those transfers have to sit a year? They will still get paid just like the best high schoolers get paid to attend the blue chip schools even though most don’t play a lot on year one.
You said it’s already happening. Where is it happening?

Probably most of the perennial power houses are paying good money to back up QBs. How else are they going to keep bringing in top talent?
If the perennial powerhouses are paying good money they are in violation of ncaa rules.
If you’re correct in saying “probably
Most” you likely be able to give at least two examples of guys getting paid more than 10k to sit out a year.

To me, players making a couple hundred dollars aren’t what this conversation was about. I’m sure there are a lot of people making less than 10k per year that aren’t playing.
Are there a lot of people making 30-40-50k+ that aren’t playing?

Because the problem people are talking about isn’t a bunch of transfers of people to move schools to get a 400 dollar NiL deal with a local rib joint
Damn I love me some baby back ribs.

If the perennial powerhouses are paying good money they are in violation of ncaa rules.
If you’re correct in saying “probably
Most” you likely be able to give at least two examples of guys getting paid more than 10k to sit out a year.
Bryce Young, Quinn Ewers, every Texas olineman under scholarship. Unless it’s massive it’s not really news worthy at this point if someone makes a deal, so hard to say how many are doing it.

The portal or NIL isn’t as big of an issue as the one time free transfer without sitting out in terms of damage to roster stability IMO
Iowa AD has floated bringing this back per the athletic

Top Bottom