ESPN: Poll: Sports fans won't attend games without coronavirus vaccine

You work with the data you got. I don't think there's a good / obvious choice out there.

If you change direction every week because last week's preliminary data changed ... I think you risk undoing any risk mitigation you may have achieved.

There's no good answers. People belive what data they're inclined to belive and go all "well obviously you should have done that" but they only base that off of what they're inclined to agree with.

Like if you pick Plan A over B because you like A better and data set X indicates you should, but Y indicates you shouldn't ... that's not a wise decision, that's just personal preference dictating a coin toss call ;)

I get it. And my wife is pregnant so I'm all for social distancing. I sit at home and work with my dogs. Its pretty great. Issue is that what the stay at home order is going to do to others. I'm fine. We have our jobs and get paid. But people will lose homes, medical coverage, ability to eat, etc. and that isn't being factored in to the models as deaths occurring by actions.

Anyway, I hope there is football and I fully plan to attend any game I can, as soon as I am allowed to do so. I'm going to die eventually, might as well die watching the team I love.

I get it. And my wife is pregnant so I'm all for social distancing. I sit at home and work with my dogs. Its pretty great. Issue is that what the stay at home order is going to do to others. I'm fine. We have our jobs and get paid. But people will lose homes, medical coverage, ability to eat, etc. and that isn't being factored in to the models as deaths occurring by actions.

Anyway, I hope there is football and I fully plan to attend any game I can, as soon as I am allowed to do so. I'm going to die eventually, might as well die watching the team I love.
True that. Open it up and let people do things at their own risk. I'll be there when they let me in.

I'm 66 and I will go to the games. I will not think bad of those that choose not to.

the problem with "letting people do things at their own risk" is that you may be risking other people.

if you are exposed and become infected, you could be asymptomatic for several days and pass the virus to someone else.

Is attending a football game worth the risk?

Until there is a vaccine, a lot of people are going to be uneasy about attending large events. Even if they allow fans to attend games this fall, I think the crowds are going to be quite a bit lower.

on the other hand, if you don't care about the potential risk, there could be a lot of people trying to dump tickets for games, so there may be some bargains to be had.

the problem with "letting people do things at their own risk" is that you may be risking other people.

if you are exposed and become infected, you could be asymptomatic for several days and pass the virus to someone else.

Is attending a football game worth the risk?

Until there is a vaccine, a lot of people are going to be uneasy about attending large events. Even if they allow fans to attend games this fall, I think the crowds are going to be quite a bit lower.

on the other hand, if you don't care about the potential risk, there could be a lot of people trying to dump tickets for games, so there may be some bargains to be had.
Yes, true. However, the vast majority of people without pre-existing conditions will be fine (may get sick, but won’t die). There are many vulnerable people that are at risk, like those in nursing homes, those with immune disorders, etc. that are going to have to lay pretty low for a while. But they’d have to do that if the rest of us are out and about or not.

I wouldn’t fault anybody for staying home. But I’ll be at games, state fair, etc. as soon as they let me. Yes, there will be smaller crowds, but people have short memories. This will only last so long.

I live in Iowa and have bad chest congestion. I was told by Urgent Care they wouldn't test me because I'm not high risk. They did quarantine me for 3 days after symptoms disappear.

I WILL ATTEND WITHOUT A VACCINE!!!

2010-10-04-DeadPoetsSociety1989CD2.avi_003839798.jpg

I remember some ***** on this board a month ago telling all of us to go out and live our normal lives. What would the numbers be in this state with that advice?

I'll go to Gopher football games. That's mostly because I'm in a lower risk group as someone in my late 30s, not obese, and no known risk conditions. Even then I'm squeamish and would probably only go because the Gophers are supposed to be really good this year. Probably will skip casual Cubs games at Wrigley if they happen this season.

I remember some ***** on this board a month ago telling all of us to go out and live our normal lives. What would the numbers be in this state with that advice?
A couple months ago you could go out and live normal lives....so the numbers could be exactly the same as now....

Free hydroxychloroquine for everyone through the gate, problem solved.

Top Bottom