ESPN: P.J. Fleck hoping to take 'Row the Boat' trademark to Minnesota

I doubt Fleck finds his motivational slogan trite based on his personal tradegy. Also doubt he thinks he needs to come up with another one just for "us".

Doesn't need to.
The question is would we prefer he did?
Can he, or would he?
Can he grow beyond what he tried at his first job? I would hope he could, or we'll be rowing the boat for a tiresome, long time.

Doesn't need to.
The question is would we prefer he did?
Can he, or would he?
Can he grow beyond what he tried at his first job? I would hope he could, or we'll be rowing the boat for a tiresome, long time.

If you read what Fleck said about RTB it's not just a motivational slogan for a football team.

I agree with this. I have no problem with Fleck saying it, using it with the team, etc. But from a branding standpoint, it would be a mistake for the U to use it in its promotions. Coaches come and go. This is Fleck's brand.

Did you miss the part where it can't be put on anything with the University Logo unless there is a trademark? So if they want to give RTB shirts to the students as a promo, they need the trademark. All that said, I could care less. Find a new saying that doesn't cost licensing fees.

Did you miss the part where it can't be put on anything with the University Logo unless there is a trademark? So if they want to give RTB shirts to the students as a promo, they need the trademark. All that said, I could care less. Find a new saying that doesn't cost licensing fees.

What is it you think they're trying to obtain through these negotiations?

Top Bottom