ESPN on recruiting: "The team that’s really surprised me is Minnesota."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
CH: “The team that’s really surprised me is Minnesota. They’ve done a really good job. That being said, they’re going to probably still finish in the lower half. But if you look at their class, they’ve done a very good job, and they’re on the heels of some of the teams right in front of them. The only difference with their class and some of the Michigan States and Wisconsins and Iowas, when you get to the meat of the class, Minnesota drops off a little bit. But at the top of their class, they’ve done a great job. They’ve got two really wide receivers in Andre McDonald, who is a Minnesota kid, and Jamel Harbison, a kid out of North Carolina who’s a really good player. ... Considering how bad they’ve been on the field the last few years, this is a really good class. If you’re a Minnesota fan, you can look at this class and say there’s only a limited amount of prospects coming out of the state of Minnesota. You’ve got to be able to keep them. They’ve done that, and they’ve gotten some decent out-of-state pickups.

TL: "I think Minnesota has slowly but surely put together a pretty nice looking group. When you consider the issues with Jerry Kill and his health throughout the fall and the fact they had an abysmal year on the gridiron, they've still been able to get three of the top five guys within the state. I would say their top five-to-seven guys would probably exceed expectations from what they'd normally be able to draw. It's a very big and deep class. So I think they're a surprise that's fallen under the radar to some degree.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/44735/breaking-down-big-ten-recruiting-part-ii

Go Gophers!!

They’ve got two really wide receivers in Andre McDonald, who is a Minnesota kid, and Jamel Harbison, a kid out of North Carolina who’s a really good player. ...

Interesting to note....but I'd rather know if they're good players or not ;)

Always good to see that verification I'm not being a homer when I'm bragging our offseason up to friends/family. Lol.

Article left out the word good between really and wide so it calls Harbison and McDonald really wide.

Maybe the word wasn't left out, and we are just going to have some more size at the receiver position this year.

Top Bottom