ESPN: Los Angeles Dodgers' Trevor Bauer suspended for two seasons

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Major League Baseball announced a 324-game suspension for Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer on Friday, the equivalent of two full seasons, making it by far the most severe punishment handed out under the sport's domestic violence policy.

Bauer promptly released a statement announcing he was appealing the suspension, thus becoming the first player to appeal punishment through MLB's domestic violence policy.

"In the strongest possible terms, I deny committing any violation of the league's domestic violence and sexual assault policy," Bauer's statement read. I am appealing this action and expect to prevail. As we have throughout this process, my representatives and I respect the confidentiality of the proceedings."

Win Twins!!

did you read his explanation?

Look, this is a he-said, she-said, so who really knows.

But, when your defense is:

"she wanted me to have anal sex and choke her," that is not going to do a lot for your image.

Any team that signed him would be targeted by every woman's group in the country. Not to mention their sponsors. What company wants to be associated with the "rough sex and choking" guy? And imagine how the fans would treat him?

I hope he saved his money, because his career is over.

With multiple accusers, it's looking like a pattern. Nothing wrong with getting kinky, but it obviously has to be consensual.

MLB is making a strong statement. I wish NFL woulda done the same with Watson.

Wonder if he plays in mlb again after clearing his name.
Outside of the PR nightmare this will bring to a team (i know the name is cleared but we all know that isn't always the case with the media) the guy was a psycho and i don't think a lot of teammates loved him. Mix that with the fact that he isn't completely shoving pitching in an over seas league and I think he has an uphill climb.

I'm sure someone would take a flyer on him...hell i would despite what i wrote above. Sign him to a minor league deal, wait until the smoke blows over a bit, and hope he's a beast for a few years.

For the legal minds in the crowd, does he have grounds for a lawsuit against MLB? Wasn't his contract voided or something along those lines?

Outside of the PR nightmare this will bring to a team (i know the name is cleared but we all know that isn't always the case with the media) the guy was a psycho and i don't think a lot of teammates loved him. Mix that with the fact that he isn't completely shoving pitching in an over seas league and I think he has an uphill climb.

I'm sure someone would take a flyer on him...hell i would despite what i wrote above. Sign him to a minor league deal, wait until the smoke blows over a bit, and hope he's a beast for a few years.
I see he has a 2.59 ERA, but I don't know much about the quality of the league over there. He is a whacko no doubt, but an extremely talented whacko. I think he gets a job in MLB next season.

I see he has a 2.59 ERA, but I don't know much about the quality of the league over there. He is a whacko no doubt, but an extremely talented whacko. I think he gets a job in MLB next season.
Oh his stats have improved then. I saw a tweet a few weeks back where it was 3.5 and he was getting about 1 K per inning. I'm also not sure what the quality of that league is though.

I wouldn’t want him in my clubhouse; constant distraction.

Leaving aside his peccadillos, he appears to be a me first dude, instead of team first - he’d be a perfect fit for the Padres dysfunctional mess.

This eventual outcome was absolutely no surprise from watching her legal team posture. They held off long enough to ruin the guy’s career and there are enough gutless “fans” who are okay carrying the water for this miscarriage of justice because Bauer was a jerk and more importantly Bauer highlighted how so many pitchers were cheating,

I used to think the people that would continue to argue against people like Bauer were just useful idiots for smear campaigns but I was wrong. They are equally as disgusting as the people who perpetuate the campaigns. They don’t like Trevor Bauer for whatever reason so the fact that he was obviously unjustly accused of rape and life ruined for two years, doesn’t matter because you don’t like him. It was never about the rape, that was the thing they pretended to care about as Bauer was destroyed.

This eventual outcome was absolutely no surprise from watching her legal team posture. They held off long enough to ruin the guy’s career and there are enough gutless “fans” who are okay carrying the water for this miscarriage of justice because Bauer was a jerk and more importantly Bauer highlighted how so many pitchers were cheating,

I used to think the people that would continue to argue against people like Bauer were just useful idiots for smear campaigns but I was wrong. They are equally as disgusting as the people who perpetuate the campaigns. They don’t like Trevor Bauer for whatever reason so the fact that he was obviously unjustly accused of rape and life ruined for two years, doesn’t matter because you don’t like him. It was never about the rape, that was the thing they pretended to care about as Bauer was destroyed.
It's also about them being afraid of being "on the wrong side of history" - another phrase that has lost all meaning.

I'll admit I don't like Trevor Bauer at all. He's a cocky little d bag who thinks he's the smartest man alive. But until that becomes illegal it's an absolute farce that he basically had his career ruined by a disgusting set of people.

Top Bottom