ESPN Interview with Simoni Lawrence

gopher_alum_2005

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/3832/big-ten-spotlight-minnesotas-simoni-lawrence

I love this Q / A:

It seems like a lot of Big Ten teams shy away from games like this. You guys get Cal this year and then USC the next two years and maybe Texas. You guys really play a lot of these games.

SL: This is what you want to play college football for, if you're a real competitior. That's why I love Minnesota so much and the coaches and everything; they're just competitive. They're like us. If they could put the pads on, they would come and play with us. They believe we can play anybody and come out with a W. They trust us, and we trust our coaches. We trust the game plan and we come in and execute at our highest abilities.

Whether or not the fans have bought into what Brewster is doing is one thing, but the players love him and love what he is doing.

Thanks for posting this...great question, great answer, and my sentiments exactly g_a_2005!!! That's why I can't stand all the media (and sometimes even fan) bashing of Brewster's enthusiasm. Is he over the top sometimes? Absolutely. But it's his job to impress young kids enough that they a) want to come to Minnesota and b) want to stay here and play hard. He does that extremely well.

That's why I can't stand all the media (and sometimes even fan) bashing of Brewster's enthusiasm. Is he over the top sometimes? Absolutely. But it's his job to impress young kids enough that they a) want to come to Minnesota and b) want to stay here and play hard. He does that extremely well.

+1 my thoughts exactly

Can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy...

If you wanna be one of the best teams in college football, you gotta play the best teams.
It shows guts, confidence, gets national attention, gets the fan base pumped up..I could go on.
But now its on the players and coaches to go out there and play with everything they have. I will only be mad if we lose by going out there and laying an egg, I want to see energy, passion, and hard work and with those things hopefully we get the W. If we lose but still play like crazed men, I will still be happy.

My CHILI IS HOT!

The entire interview is fantastic, especially the answer you highlighted. I can't think of a better advertisement for the Gopher program!

Top Bottom