ESPN: Grand Valley State suspends OC Morris Berger for wanting meal with Adolf Hitler

This is probably not going to get a good review, but I would have gone with Joseph Stalin. It was obviously very sad and he had bad motives, but the way he was able to lead was second-to-none. How he rallied a group and a following, I want to know how he did that. Bad intentions of course, but you can't deny he wasn't a great leader.

Uh oh.

Who did that? Not him, not me, not anyone. I repeat, it is absurd to try to tell people what they can say in a free country when that which they are saying is not against the law. Does that hurt your feelings? Too bad. Grow a pair.
Does not hurt my feelings at all. Nothing personal but it is hard to accurately get context correct in a message board like this.

If so, so what?
Well if you like Ted Bundy, that is your prerogative. Following him might not be a good idea. There are much easier ways to get three hots and a cot.

Isn't being obtuse fun. ;)

Well if you like Ted Bundy, that is your prerogative. Following him might not be a good idea. There are much easier ways to get three hots and a cot.

Isn't being obtuse fun. ;)

I just do not see where it is important at all. Basic freedom. Have dinner with whomever you want. None of my business.

This is probably not going to get a good review, but I would have gone with Joseph Stalin. It was obviously very sad and he had bad motives, but the way he was able to lead was second-to-none. How he rallied a group and a following, I want to know how he did that. Bad intentions of course, but you can't deny he wasn't a great leader.

Many administrators and business people do emulate Stalin’s thin-skinned, totalitarian, paranoid leadership style...due to the law of the land dissenters (or more likely perceived dissenters) cannot be shot, imprisoned, deported to Siberia, or expelled from the country but total intolerance of discussion, dissent, results in a metaphorical ejection seat out of the building. Politics can be big or small in scale.

I just do not see where it is important at all. Basic freedom. Have dinner with whomever you want. None of my business.
Agree. Might not be a good Idea to announce it in an on the record interview with a member of the media.

Here we go... looking forward to another nine pages!

Here we go.gif

Too funny. Perhaps the Volleyball coach should say he'd love to have lunch with Ted Bundy so he could learn how Bundy was able to persuade so many young women...

Nonsense. You could just have lunch with Mystery. Better yet, read Mystery’s book and dine with Hitler. Best of both worlds.

Who is your favorite tyrant that you would dine with? If that question was asked instead of what historical figure, the OC would still be employed. Because it was an open ended question that everyone wants to hopefully be a popular, honorable, and heroic figure, got lost in the possibility that evil can be interesting to the human persona. And, what is horrible about a dinner with a tyrant. Nixon ate with Mao. Roosevelt with Stalin. If we pretend to think it is a horrible thing to eat with another human being to have a conversation, we could not move forward as humanity. I don't think anybody would condemn Roosevelt for eating with Stalin or Nixon with Mao. If an OC ate with a HISTORICAL figure of his choice, it that in itself immoral? No. This guy got tarred and feathered for an innocent response because his status was not equal to Roosevelt's or Nixon's. I think that is plain wrong on so many levels.

Apparently his Gulag's and secret police were excellent motivators from what I've read.

Top Bottom