espn gameday crew call's khaliq's "firejerrykill.com" site pathetic and disgusting

supadupafly

Reaction score
espn gameday crew call's khaliq's "firejerrykill.com" site pathetic and disgusting

can't believe this was never posted as a thread by anyone. if you were watching espn gameday back on saturday the espn gameday crew made mention of gopherhole poster khaliq's "firejerrykill.com" website following the tom rinaldi feature piece on jerry kill.

specifically, the entire espn gameday crew called khaliq's website (and by definition him and any other pathetic trollish person who posts there) the following: pathetic, cheap, dirty, disgusting, horrible and just plain stupid. said the person who created the website should be ashamed of themselves.

you are a real class-act, khaliq. your parents should be proud. not only do you have the scorn of minnesota, you now also have national scorn for your pathetic and childish antics. you freakin' putz!

The Gameday crew left no doubt that they thought the website and people who support a website like that to be pathetic losers and have no place in the support of college football.

I want to see the Kill feature piece and the GameDay crews rip on the site.. Any videos out there?

FWIW, I just ventured over there and the website is very slick. I don't agree with the name of the web-site, in that Kill shouldn't be fired (just yet anyway), but one cannot help be impressed with the intelligent writing, eye-candy (cool pictures and graphs) etc.

I know most don't like it, but he does a pretty good job and has a lot of content.
His volume of content compares favorably to the Strib or PP and actually shows some research rather than regurgitating press notes/conferences.

Gophersports.com would do well to hire someone like that to produce content (albeit a little more positive).

FWIW, I just ventured over there and the website is very slick. I don't agree with the name of the web-site, in that Kill shouldn't be fired (just yet anyway), but one cannot help be impressed with the intelligent writing, eye-candy (cool pictures and graphs) etc.

Nice try! :clap::clap::clap:

bennett.gif

I know most don't like it, but he does a pretty good job and has a lot of content.
His volume of content compares favorably to the Strib or PP and actually shows some research rather than regurgitating press notes/conferences.

Gophersports.com would do well to hire someone like that to produce content (albeit a little more positive).

Exactly. That was sort of my point. People are going to jump in and say I'm a front for Khaliq (which I'm not). I do agree I'd prefer slightly more positive content.

I especially liked this graph -

nebraskachart.png

I thought the Rinaldi piece was excellent and I also liked the comments made regarding the firejerrykill website.

But, let's be honest, the comments made about how disgusting and pathetic the website was were really made by Chris Fowler in response to Lee Corso saying he never had to deal with the faceless negative fans who use social media to undermine what a coach is trying to do, and he said he couldn't and wouldn't do it today. While the others nodded their heads and agreed with what Fowler said about the website, it was really just him, not the "entire" ESPN gameday staff who chastised the author of the website.

I liked the content of what was said, but let's give credit where credit is due, it was Chris Fowler who gave the firejerrykill website hell.

I agree with you completely, the sites name is obnoxious, I'm not sure I disagree with the content. Kill needs time to work things out, I can honestly say I have not agreed with much that has come out about the program to this point, but that can change. I disagree with Kill but I am willing to give him time to see how he does. Until year three no one knows what direction the program is going to be heading.

I had no idea the poster from this board khaliq was the one who started the website. Haven't gone to it and I guess even though some posters on here can be obnoxious at times I wouldn't think a GopherHoler would make that site....

The 155 point streak graphic is ridiculous, as Minnesota and Nebraska had not played in 21 years. It was a two game shutout streak, not in any meaningful sense a 21 year shutouot.

The 155 point streak graphic is ridiculous, as Minnesota and Nebraska had not played in 21 years. It was a two game shutout streak, not in any meaningful sense a 21 year shutouot.

exactly. they have played 3 games in 28 years. this idiotic website and its idiot creator try to leave the impression that minnesota and nebraska have played each other numerous times on a yearly basis since 1983. another huge fail for khaliq and his disgusting website.

p.s. any idiot who is trying to stand up for this disgusting website and khaliq's content are fools........clueless, clueless fools. we are talking about college football, college kids and a college coach. this is not the professional ranks and these are not professional players making millions and millions of dollars. that is what some of you and a number of the idiotic media members in this town choose to ignore so you can be vile, disgusting creatures in articles and on internet message boards. the perspective of people who support and stand up for stupid websites like khaliq's is so messed up and warped it makes me sick.

p.p.s. the espn gameday crew said what they said. chris fowler (the host of the show) may have done most of the talking, but they all agreed with what he said. and he said firejerrykill.com is disgusting, cheap, pathetic and stupid. and so was its creator. please don't try and use the semantics of how it was communicated to try and lessen what they said in response to khaliq's craptastic website. they meant what was said.

The jokes toward paid members of the squad are pretty funny. turnovers- fruit compote in a flaky crust.

And even if the 21 year "streak" was valid, Kill wasn't coach for those years. This game actally undercuts his position. In the previous two games, the Gophers were shut out. This time, the Gophers scored the most points (14) in 42 years! Of course, it was really the most points in the last 11 games, since a 42-14 loss in 1969. It was the closest game since a 35-10 loss in 1970.

thank you op. i would have never visited this site until i opened this thread. i got to admit, this is exactly the type of site that we as gopher fans need.

if you don't like the humor, fine. minnesotan's have never been known to find humor in their situations.

we can always sit back and revel in our own delusion about how a division ii transfer starting at CB is a good thing, or about the five star recruit appreciating all the fortune five hundred companies that the twin cities has to offer, or about something called a prexy b.

however, i am sick of the whitebread, boring, talentless fans this school has.

while other team's followers have black heart gold pants, lsu freak, shaggy bevo, etc. we have a fan base filled with oldies and people who get off on being offended.

the closest thing that minnesota has to interesting fans are the /d/tards over at gi who have barricaded themselves behind pay walls and eliminated all free boards so that they won't be offended by one measly northern iowa fan! i thought that fringe bowl team was going to be the kind of kick in the gonads that we needed, but that site has been rebranded as 'FBT' (maybe because the gophers aren't even a fringe bowl team anymore, but more likely because of pressure from the bierman building).

if you don't like it: 1) don't read it. 2) become more clever yourself. 3) create thread after thread on this site bitching about it.

minnesota has become a laughing stock and we need to go with the only angle we have right now and laugh at ourselves (even if it is to keep from crying). let's become known as the self deprecating fan base.

nm

Attachments

• argumentflow.jpg
    argumentflow.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 60

Just went to the site for the first time and thought it was great. I'm a big fan of Jerry Kill and truly believe he has what it takes to win at MN.
That said, love the site! The humor is spot on (self-deprecating humor at it's finest). Too bad it's lost on all the sensitive folks on here that didn't read past the .com. I actually think Jerry Kill would get a kick out of the site.
Love the new banner quoting ESPN!

I suppose in a very limited way that could be considered humor. But the bulk of the blog isn't allegedly humorous pictures.

Are you people Fing kidding me?

I went to the site once, just to be amazed it exists.
Disgusting personal shots at the players and coaches, like right out of a pantherhawk wet dream.

The guy has internet webpage skills. Great.

Not funny, damaging to the program, and undercuts everything Coach Kill stands for and is trying to build.

Perception becomes reality when those who shout the loudest dominate the argument. Anyone who thinks this site is worth a DAMN, is funny, etc is perpetuating a negativity aura that has legitimately hurt this program and it's chance for something better.

I suppose in a very limited way that could be considered humor. But the bulk of the blog isn't allegedly humorous pictures.

the funniest part of that picture is that i could link a half a dozen threads from the front page right now that exemplify this witty, albeit it unoriginal, graphic.

I just don't find the site funny. I get the whole "we're laughing at ourselves because we're terrible" angle, but I'm in it for the good moments on and off the field, not to laugh at our sucktasticness. It's a lot more fun this way, IMO

This isn't a flowchart so much as a line. It would be more clever if there were some decision points in the middle that led to different branches.
Pretty accurate though. This is basically what happens every time Reusse puts out a new story.

Perhaps he should write better stories. His claim that Gopherholers are lying when they claim they stay for the whole game wasn't just a "minor flaw".

Top Bottom