ESPN: Bo Pelini returning to LSU as defensive coordinator

Sometimes, fired coaches will voluntarily choose to stay unemployed and enjoy their buyout.

However, if they’re taking a new job, they’ll always select a Power 5 job or even a Group of 5 job over an FCS job. They want to take the most prestigious job available. It’s not just because of the salary.

It’s extremely obvious that Pelini hasn’t been offered an FBS head coaching job since being fired at Nebraska. And his poor performance at YSU harmed his chances of getting another FBS head job rather than helping it.

Agreed. Bo might have been right all along but he burned his bridges.

I am actually surprised he didn't end up with another Power 5 head coaching job.
I think he built up a pretty bad reputation at Nebby as an abusive coach and a loud, potty mouth, who liked to spout off about fans, etc.

Well, Nebby was paying him...
They aren’t now.
You think he could have gotten a power 5 job?

you’re kidding yourself. Guys who publicly humiliate their ADs have a long way back to an equal caliber job.

Leach is one of the only guys get back to an equal or greater job

They aren’t now.

you’re kidding yourself. Guys who publicly humiliate their ADs have a long way back to an equal caliber job.

A bit tongue and cheek...

I swear, if you posted something on Gopher hole reminiscing about beating Toledo back in the Barber-Maroney era by "a million points" - someone would reply back that a million points in a football game simply isn't possible, along with a break down of what a maximum score could be attained, minus what was actually attained.

I swear, if you posted something on Gopher hole reminiscing about beating Toledo back in the Barber-Maroney era by "a million points" - someone would reply back that a million points in a football game simply isn't possible, along with a break down of what a maximum score could be attained, minus what was actually attained.
There was a Toledo game back in the day back at the dome ... I swear it was one of the best football games I attended. IIRC constant running plays, Mason had a fun hurry up play to go for it on 4th near the end.

It was great.

They aren’t now.

While I suspect you are right that his exit hurt his future opportunities it does seem ironic in that time has proven Bo correct.

There was a Toledo game back in the day back at the dome ... I swear it was one of the best football games I attended. IIRC constant running plays, Mason had a fun hurry up play to go for it on 4th near the end.

It was great.
I know, I was there. That's why I picked that one for my example. :)

The Gophers were up 63-7 at the start of the fourth quarter in that one, before taking the foot off the gas and allowing a couple late Toledo scores for the final score of 63-21. I remember having the feeling it could have easily have been 80+ to 7 if the Gophers hadn't shut things down in the fourth.

Fun game. May have been the first my sons attended. I just remember that it got kind of boring in the 3rd because it had become so lopsided. The stats for the offense were ridiculous. UMMB got a workout with the rouser.

While I suspect you are right that his exit hurt his future opportunities it does seem ironic in that time has proven Bo correct.
For sure. I didn’t say they had to be wrong

Top Bottom