ESPN B1G Ten Blog: Week 9 Predictions

e.bigelow

Reaction score
Sorry if posted elsewhere....

NEBRASKA at MINNESOTA

Brian Bennett: This is a good spot to bring back Taylor Martinez, so he can shake off some rust before the telling November stretch begins. I think Nebraska will still want to be a bit careful with its quarterback, however, and not risk any further harm to his turf toe. So Martinez doesn't run much but throws a pair of touchdowns to Quincy Enunwa, and the improving Huskers defense has a strong showing against a rather one-dimensional Minnesota attack. … Nebraska 28, Minnesota 16

Adam Rittenberg: A healthy Martinez makes the difference for the Huskers as the senior quarterback breaks off a long touchdown run in the first quarter and finishes with three combined scores. Philip Nelson rallies Minnesota in the second quarter with touchdown passes to Maxx Williams and Derrick Engel, but the Huskers' offense proves to be too much in the second half as Ameer Abdullah records another 100-yard game. … Nebraska 35, Minnesota 24

Guest picker, Nick Galea from Normal, Ill.: Nebraska 38, Minnesota 24

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/87304/big-ten-predictions-week-9-3

Here's what they predicted last week:

MINNESOTA at NORTHWESTERN

Brian Bennett: Last week's loss at Wisconsin was one of the worst performances in a long time for Northwestern. Pat Fitzgerald promised this week that his team would bounce back and play well, and I believe him. The Wildcats ought to be mad for this one, and though Mitch Leidner will lead Minnesota to a couple of scores, Northwestern will seize control in the second quarter. ... Northwestern 35, Minnesota 20

Adam Rittenberg: Will this be The Hangover Part II? I think Northwestern gets it together behind quarterback Kain Colter, who records a rushing touchdown, a passing touchdown and a receiving touchdown. Minnesota finds some gaps in Northwestern's defense early on, but the Gophers' one-dimensional offense dooms them in the second half. Tony Jones gets back on the touchdown train as Northwestern records its first Big Ten win. ... Northwestern 34, Minnesota 21

Let's hope they are both wrong again!!

Last Week: the line was jNW -12.5 and they picked jNW by 13 &15.
This week the line is NE -10 and they pick NE by 11 & 12.

I'm not convinced there is a lot of thought going into these predictions ???

Last Week: the line was jNW -12.5 and they picked jNW by 13 &15.
This week the line is NE -10 and they pick NE by 11 & 12.

I'm not convinced there is a lot of thought going into these predictions ???

Yeah they're incredibly safe every week with their predictions. Not only who they pick to win but the scores as well. It's boring.

Sorry if posted elsewhere....

NEBRASKA at MINNESOTA

Brian Bennett: This is a good spot to bring back Taylor Martinez, so he can shake off some rust before the telling November stretch begins. I think Nebraska will still want to be a bit careful with its quarterback, however, and not risk any further harm to his turf toe. So Martinez doesn't run much but throws a pair of touchdowns to Quincy Enunwa, and the improving Huskers defense has a strong showing against a rather one-dimensional Minnesota attack. … Nebraska 28, Minnesota 16

Adam Rittenberg: A healthy Martinez makes the difference for the Huskers as the senior quarterback breaks off a long touchdown run in the first quarter and finishes with three combined scores. Philip Nelson rallies Minnesota in the second quarter with touchdown passes to Maxx Williams and Derrick Engel, but the Huskers' offense proves to be too much in the second half as Ameer Abdullah records another 100-yard game. … Nebraska 35, Minnesota 24

Guest picker, Nick Galea from Normal, Ill.: Nebraska 38, Minnesota 24

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/87304/big-ten-predictions-week-9-3

I'll take this as a good omen for MN.

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom