Espn article on Gophers prep for Cal. By Adam Rittenberg

very interesting read.

i'm sure rittenberg was hoping for the upset, that article would have looked a lot bettter.

but once again, rittenberg doing a fantastic job.

drop him an e-mail telling him how much you appreciate it, i have.

Rittenberg isn't a real reporter if he spent that much time with the Gophers and wasn't able to dig up any dirt on Brewster, the coaches, or the players. He obviously doesn't understand that fans of college football teams don't want puff pieces that merely provide information about the coaches and players, and describe what happened during the game. Most fans want a team of investigative reporters to turn over every rock looking for scraps of information that can be used to ridicule everyone and everything associated with the team. ESPN needs to get rid of Rittenberg. He is obviously not qualified for the job.

Rittenberg isn't a real reporter if he spent that much time with the Gophers and wasn't able to dig up any dirt on Brewster, the coaches, or the players. He obviously doesn't understand that fans of college football teams don't want puff pieces that merely provide information about the coaches and players, and describe what happened during the game. Most fans want a team of investigative reporters to turn over every rock looking for scraps of information that can be used to ridicule everyone and everything associated with the team. ESPN needs to get rid of Rittenberg. He is obviously not qualified for the job.

lolz. +1 :clap:

Obviously not cut out for the Twin Cities media - there was a complete lack of negativity toward the program.

:clap:

Try and let it go man. You'll live a longer and happier life.

Try and let it go man. You'll live a longer and happier life.

Someone needs to adjust their sarcasm detector

sarcasm+detector.jpg

Excellent article. The most insightful coverage of our home team I have seen all year.

Amazing isn't it. A national guy covers eleven teams and still outworks the locals.

It boggles my mind that Adam can write a great story like that, and nobody from the local media can even come close. After you email Rittenberg to compliment, email the story to WCCO, KSTP, KARE, and "fishwrap factories east and west" to show them what an interesting article looks like.

Great read. I guess it never dawned on me that the team stays in a hotel before home games. Any idea where they stay?

Rittenberg makes me happy. He shows the Gophers more love than any local media.

Rittenberg makes me happy. He shows the Gophers more love than any local media.

And he does it with very little subjectivity. he just tells the story. It's so nice to actually read some journalism for a change.

Great read. I guess it never dawned on me that the team stays in a hotel before home games. Any idea where they stay?

Not sure where they stay but I think that's fairly common now for teams to stay at hotels even when they're at home to get away from distractions.

Nope...not sure where you got your info, but he is a Northwestern grad.

Yep, Northwestern Grad, but didn't he grow up in the Bay Area? He's usually an interesting read.

Top Bottom