Erick All (Michigan TE) enters Transfer Portal With a Message

The vibe, intended or not, indicates a disgruntled employee. Generally speaking, airing grievances in public reflects poorly on the person doing the airing, even if what he is saying is 100% true. Most organizations tend to avoid martyrs, because usually sooner rather than later, the new organization will become the target of the discontent they are not mature enough to handle.
Well he will probably be fine

Do you really think this is a big deal? Or are you being argumentative

Well, if you want to call them "student-athletes" like the NCAA does, then there would be a better argument for letting them transfer if their school dropped their major. If you're truly a "student-athlete" then you are there for the education and should just play sports as an extra-curricular.

So if the NCAA wants to allow these transfers, for that reason, then drop the term "student-athlete" for "athlete-student".
With NIL and the easy transfer, why require academics at all? Why a term limit? Since the players are now employees of the schools, let them play as long as they want.

Well he will probably be fine

Do you really think this is a big deal? Or are you being argumentative
The OP stated how a number of Michigan fans were upset with how this went down. I'm merely stating why, comparing it to the real working world, it is poor form to speak ill of a past employer, because in most cases, both parties contributed to the dysfunction. He just lacks the self-awareness and maturity to realize his part in the conflict.

I agree he'll probably be just fine (for now). As much as I like to call a spade a spade, airing grievances publicly is one situation where I have observed restraint is usually a better approach, even if he is 100% correct.

In my experience, candidates who spoke ill of a previously employer have never been hired in any team I've worked. It is generally a major turn-off and giant red flag. Nobody wants to risk bringing in a discontent who could mess up their own team's chemistry.

If true, a similar situation to AJ Barker, and it did not end well for Barker.
Because a guy on a message board is slandering him via hearsay ?
Yeah maybe.
As I said, I wouldn’t have said anything but this isn’t a big deal

If true, a similar situation to AJ Barker, and it did not end well for Barker.
Who from Michigan did we pickup who did well and Michigan wouldn't medically qualify him?

I forgot the name.

Not the same situation judgement wise in that case for sure, but this also in part resembles that.

With NIL and the easy transfer, why require academics at all? Why a term limit? Since the players are now employees of the schools, let them play as long as they want.
Didn't Tanner Morgan do just that? I think Autman-Bell may immediately qualify for Social Security (or have two PhD.'s by the time his eligibility is up.

This whole NIL thing has me thinking that college football may start to resemble the baseball minor leagues with guys starting at one place with the better players (or players seeking a better fit) moving to different schools. Unlike professional baseball, the players would be in control of their movement from team-to-team, but they would determine how best to showcase their talent.

Who from Michigan did we pickup who did well and Michigan wouldn't medically qualify him?

I forgot the name.

Not the same situation judgement wise in that case for sure, but this also in part resembles that.
St. Juste, if this was a serious question.

Top Bottom