Eric Murray?

He supposedly wowed the coaching staff at the camp playing defensive back.

Murray, is the classic example of the value of camps, there's virtually no video of him, to evaluate. He came into camp as a wr prospect, the coaches saw something, and asked him back as a db prospect. He was able to cover McDonald, and by some reports shut him down, it opened everyones eyes, including his own.

I'm not saying Murray will be a star, but this is how "diamonds in the rough" are created. An unrated/underrated kid with raw talent and the desire to work hard comes to camp. An astute coaching staff sees where the kid would fit perfect in their system, even if it is not where the kid plays in HS. Then with hard work from the kid and great coaching by the staff the kid blossoms into a star.

I think coach Kill will get his share of 3* kids and a few 4*, but where he and his staff will turn the program around will be with these "diamonds in the rough" that they find & develop. I think this is where he will surpass Mason. Mason could develop kids, but I think Kill will work harder at finding these kids than Mason did towards the end.

From what was posted earlier his camp work as a CB seemed to be outstanding and was why he was offered the scholie...Kill and his staff know what they are looking for.

Murray, is the classic example of the value of camps, there's virtually no video of him, to evaluate. He came into camp as a wr prospect, the coaches saw something, and asked him back as a db prospect. He was able to cover McDonald, and by some reports shut him down, it opened everyones eyes, including his own.

Correct.

People here made a big stink because he camped at some MAC schools and left with no offers but from my understanding he camped at those schools as a WR.

5-11, 175-lb athlete from Milwaukee - ESPN offers no evaluation or score, and indicates Minnesota was the only team to offer. Murray showed up on the Gophers' commit list yesterday.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-.../college-football/recruiting/player?id=142927

Any thoughts?

Showed up on the commit list at least two weeks ago (6/24), we have several threads that mention him, so I'm lost on this thread's point. He looked terrific at camp.

Some kids never get another offer once they commit. After the commit, other schools' coaches speak to the kid and gauge the level of commit. The new school doesn't bother.

5.4 on rivals and a 2 star

5.5 gets you to a 3 star

covered andre macdonald very well at camp

i'll take it

Top Bottom