Eric Lair to Packers

50PoundHead

Reaction score
Just saw a tweet that reported that Eric Lair has signed with Green Bay.

If true, congrats to him! (Even though I hate the Packers) :clap:

In contrast, Northwestern's Jeremy Ebert and Drake Dunsmore get drafted in the 7th round and Dan Persa and Al Netter sign as FAs.

Looks like Duane Bennett to the Packers too. Congrats to both of them but I still hate the Packers.

As I told Duane, "I'll always follow a Gopher, as much as it pains me to say this as a Viking fan, Good luck in GB!!" (paraphrased)

As a Packers fan, I love it! Although I've never been a huge Bennett fan. I think Lair could make the roster.

As a Packers fan, I love it! Although I've never been a huge Bennett fan. I think Lair could make the roster.

I think he could make the roster, the only problem is he plays one of the positions where the Packers are deepest. Congrats and good luck to all the former Gophers!

Looks like the Vikings stepped up and grabbed Kim Royston, so at least the Packer haters around here (myself included) have one Gopher they can pull for without any reservations.

I think he could make the roster, the only problem is he plays one of the positions where the Packers are deepest. Congrats and good luck to all the former Gophers!

That may be true, but Quarless had a devastating injury last year, DJ Williams didn't really show much, Crabtree's time may be up, and Ryan Taylor showed some flashes but he was a late round rookie. So other than JerMike, it isn't exactly clear who will be guaranteed playing time and a rosters spot.

Bennett now a hated Cheesehead...Why do they keep taking or RB's. Didn't Chris Darkens and Darrell Thompson get drafted by them too!

Yes, but I'm fairly certain the correlation of Chris Darkins being drafted over 10+ years ago and the signing of Bennett yesterday, is not meant to piss off Viking Fans nor be looked at as a trend of drafting/signing Minnesota Running Backs. However, the 2010 Gophers Starting backfield is now in Packers Camp. (Hoese and Bennett)

Very happy about Royston and McKnight. I hope they both go on to make a pile of money and help the Vikings return to success.

Brew tweeted that McKnight signed with the Vikings.

He didn't sign with Vikes. He was invited to the rookie camp - big difference. Granted, he could still sign somewhere between now and the camp, but it's a long road from rookie free agent camp to even getting an invitation to Training Camp. That being said, Sherels did it and is now in the NFL.

Go Gophers!!

There's talk of Lair being moved to FB in Green Bay, where he'd compete with Jon Hoese for a spot on the roster. Packers also signed a WR out of South Dakota State. Their area scouts must really work the Upper Midwest hard.

Top Bottom