Eric Lair needs more snaps!

We're Comin'

Reaction score
He hardly plays this year, WTF? Whenever he is in there he is OPEN! We need guys that can get open quickly for Gray. Why is McGarry in there? Watch him, he is not a great blocker, so why play him over Lair?

yea he does why isn't he playing much???

I've been to all three games, so my perspective isn't always as accurate as the people watching on TV, but I think he's been in there quite a bit, as much as McGarry. He's often lined up in the backfield or split wide though.

I'm all for anything that gets Mr. Lair the ball in his hands more. He's a good player.

I was there today, and after Lair's big catch and run I was looking for more targets. Unfortunately I saw McGarry and #81 in there too much. Lair is a tough cover for linebackers and should cause the safeties to take notice for the TE stretch play.

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I saw Brendan Beal had a reception. Was he in at TE?

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I saw Brendan Beal had a reception. Was he in at TE?

That was a mistake, Green had the catch (1 rec for 8 yards), they are the same number.

Lair has the best hands on the team IMHO (McKnight can make the most incredible catches but has been too inconsistent this year and has dropped some critical passes) and has the ability to run with the ball after the catch. Opposing linebackers can't catch him in space. I was saying the same thing at the game, we need to use him more.

Lair over the middle is the easiest throw on the field. The target is directly in front of you. If he is beyond the linebackers its a matter of splitting the safeties. The danger, its in the middle of the field. They also threw a slant to McNight. Its as much about the route, the accuracy of the the throw, and yards after the catch. Lair has that ability. And no mention of straight I formation on the goal line. Rabe sliding right, wide open, just catch the ball. He did.

Top Bottom