Eric Carter

I like that the academics are already in order I don't want a repeat of the Miami Central situation.

He apparently knows current Gopher commit Chris Streveler they exchanged tweets earlier today. With Carter saying " they are definitely gonna be in my top"

He's a former Cincy commit. 247 reports West Virginia and Cincy are his top 2.

He's a former Cincy commit. 247 reports West Virginia and Cincy are his top 2.

I think he's a no-doubt commit to WVU - if they offer him. With Holgerson and his offense in place, I think they can probably shoot a little higher for WRs. Assuming WVU doesn't offer, I think we have as good of a shot as anybody.

Eric Carter ‏@ECARTERLG8
even though the boys took the L today , im still supporting #Minnesota #Snapback #Skiumah http://instagr.am/p/QLbbkqJ369/
Retweeted by RyanBurnsGI

Eric Carter ‏@ECARTERLG8
best DBs in the #B1G are definitely at #Minnesota
Retweeted by RyanBurnsGI

Eric Carter ‏@ECARTERLG8
tryna go to #dinkytown

Lucas Trickle ‏@LucasTrickleGI
@2HunterJarmon2 @ECARTERLG8 @jAutooo all tell me they will be watching Minnesota take on Iowa tomorrow on ESPN2.
Retweeted by Eric Carter

Eric Carter ‏@ECARTERLG8
things are looking great in Minnesota right now #Skiumah
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Eric Carter ‏@ECARTERLG8
@cstrevy haha idk it's pretty far the official was great but maybe , and yeah they love me and I love them , I'll decide soon tho
- This is one of the tweets that Carter had in his conversation with Chris Streveler. I could just see Carter's tweets from the conversation, because Streveler's twitter is private. It can't be bad that Streveler and Carter are talking. Also, Carter's twitter picture is of him in a Minnesota jersey.

Carter tweets with

VT Island ‏@vt_west21
Just finished talking to Minnesota!

2h Eric Carter ‏@ECARTERLG8
@vt_west21 you gotta offer there ?

2h VT Island ‏@vt_west21
@ECARTERLG8 not yet

@vt_west21 bruh that bih straight , you interested in em ? they my #1 school

Later, Carter says that Coach Reeves is stopping by his school.

Carter tweets with

VT Island ‏@vt_west21
Just finished talking to Minnesota!

@vt_west21 you gotta offer there ?

2h VT Island ‏@vt_west21
@ECARTERLG8 not yet

@vt_west21 bruh that bih straight , you interested in em ? they my #1 school

Later, Carter says that Coach Reeves is stopping by his school.

Who's vt_west21?

Anyone else confused as hell when it comes to who is talking to who on twitter? Not to mention what they are even trying to say.

I know I am going to step into a hornets nest here but the whole tracking recurits on twitter just goes to far to me. Most of the time the comments are jibberish anyway. But I know a lot of people in here love it, so to each their own.

Anyone else confused as hell when it comes to who is talking to who on twitter? Not to mention what they are even trying to say.

Allow me to translate. I am not fluent, but I do speak a little bit of jive.

Vontarius West (talking to no one in particular):
I recently completed a conversation with a representative of the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities!

Eric Carter (talking to Vontarius West):
Has the University of Minnesota extended you a tender for an athletic scholarship at present?

Vontarius West (talking to Eric Carter):
Verily, not yet has this proposal been granted unto me.

Eric Carter (talking to Vontarius West):
My dearest brother, that is fantastic news! They are nothing short of fine, upstanding gentlemen. Have you given due consideration to their proposal? The University is my preferred institution from where the sun now sits.

DPO: That may be some of your best work since chasing planes.

Ohhhh, I forgot about that one. I think that is better than Twitter Translating.

I know I am going to step into a hornets nest here but the whole tracking recurits on twitter just goes to far to me.

I actually don't follow any recruits on Twitter nor have I ever conversed with any recruits on Twitter. I follow all the GI guys on Twitter. They retweet a lot of the Gophers recruit's tweets. So, I read the tweets that the GI writers retweet, and if it looks interesting, I might expand the tweet and read the conversation.

I know I am going to step into a hornets nest here but the whole tracking recurits on twitter just goes to far to me. Most of the time the comments are jibberish anyway. But I know a lot of people in here love it, so to each their own.

A lot of fans follow certain recruits on Twitter to see if they are interested in the U or what schools they show actual interest in..,,,lighten up!

A lot of fans follow certain recruits on Twitter to see if they are interested in the U or what schools they show actual interest in..,,,lighten up!

Like I said, to each their own. To me the idea of grown men following the twitter feed of high school kids hoping they mention the U of M takes things a little over the line. That being said, Twitter is a public thing so if the kid makes it public there is nothing technically wrong with fans tracking it. I am sure some recruits love knowing there are people out there hanging on their every word, and trying to decipher the true meaning of their tweet looking for that nugget that confirms where they are going to play their college ball.

For my part I will just read the reposts here and on the recruiting sites and leave it at that. Thanfully there are prople like DPO that can translate for us because most of them look like a foreign language to me anyway. In terms of recruiting in general I don't get too caught up in what players are saying now anyway because so much can change between now and signing day. And as we have all seen there really is no way to know what these kids are going to do up until the moment they sign on the dotted line.

Like I said, to each their own. To me the idea of grown men following the twitter feed of high school kids hoping they mention the U of M takes things a little over the line.

Is this addressed towards me? Like I said, I don't follow any recruits on twitter.

Eric Carter follows me. Most likely because I tweet so much gopher things and has retweeted me several times.

either you get twitter or you don't.
it is a public domain where people interact. Most of it is pointless, however it is good for news. Most recruiting stuff is on twitter before it gets here. I happen to be one of those people that like to be the first to know.

Am I badgering them with tweets about going to the U? No. if they commit I give them a welcome, same if I were to see them on the street and could recognize them. Its the age we live in.

Top Bottom