Equipment Sale Tips?

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
I got an invite to the equipment sale based on my gopher loyalty selection from 2019.

Has anyone been to the equipment sale before / know what they sell / what to expect?

Ive been in the past. If you are a xxxl you will find tons of cool gear. If you are an XL, there's not as much.

Ive been in the past. If you are a xxxl you will find tons of cool gear. If you are an XL, there's not as much.
Do they publish any type of inventory of what they will have a available or is it purely a "show up and pick through piles of stuff" type of event?

I was more thinking along the lines of souvenir / cool stuff to have than actually wearing any of it.

They did have jerseys last time, I want to say they were $100 for football and $200 for hockey. They also had hockey sticks for about half of what they retailed for but they went really quick. Not too much in terms of souvenirs, it seemed like the vast majority of it was clothes that Nike sent for the teams that never got used. If you want regular clothes you should be fine if you get there as it starts but if you want jerseys or sticks, get there at least half an hour early and ideally earlier.

I hope they open it up to everyone this year, in the past it was open to the public. They also missed last year so unless they sold it somewhere else they should have about 50% more stuff than usual.

They did have jerseys last time, I want to say they were $100 for football and $200 for hockey. They also had hockey sticks for about half of what they retailed for but they went really quick. Not too much in terms of souvenirs, it seemed like the vast majority of it was clothes that Nike sent for the teams that never got used. If you want regular clothes you should be fine if you get there as it starts but if you want jerseys or sticks, get there at least half an hour early and ideally earlier.

I hope they open it up to everyone this year, in the past it was open to the public. They also missed last year so unless they sold it somewhere else they should have about 50% more stuff than usual.
I think they used to only do it every other year.

Also when I went, unless you showed up super early, you were about #200 in line. Usually by the time I got in the super cool stuff was gone.

So like if the good stuff is gone...just a bunch of used athletic supporters?

(also whatever equipment is left....*rimshot*)

Last edited:

I have not gotten this email... 😰
I think it went only to people who picked the equipment sale benefit from the gopher loyalty program for 2019... probably opening up sign up times to people by gopher score and opening it bit by bit. That would match how they've done it in the past.

I got an invite to the equipment sale based on my gopher loyalty selection from 2019.

Has anyone been to the equipment sale before / know what they sell / what to expect?
Former EQ guy here--Best recommendation is to get there as early as possible. Jerseys, hockey sticks, and all of the best stuff goes fairly quickly. If you are a M-XL, those sizes also go quick, but you will likely be able to find some awesome stuff if you search around enough.

Slab - also when my daughter was younger I was able to find her some womens gear that was actually "normal" sized. So if you have daughters, maybe you can find some stuff for them.

Stay away from socks.

Otherwise, if one of your favorite players jersey/helmet/shoes are there, buy them. Not sure if shoes have numbers on them

It also appears there will be strict limits on number of attendees via the loyalty program and these special time slots will not be open to the public on May 20th. Mentions open to public "later".

From the email:
We hope you can join us Thursday, May 20th at Williams Arena for an extremely limited opportunity to access the sale before the general public. Three 1 hour time slots have been made available to register on a first come, first served basis. Due to COVID-19 guidelines, only 100 total guests can be accommodated per 1 hour time slot and accounts are limited to registering for a max of two (2) total tickets for the evening.

It also appears there will be strict limits on number of attendees via the loyalty program and these special time slots will not be open to the public on May 20th. Mentions open to public "later".

From the email:
We hope you can join us Thursday, May 20th at Williams Arena for an extremely limited opportunity to access the sale before the general public. Three 1 hour time slots have been made available to register on a first come, first served basis. Due to COVID-19 guidelines, only 100 total guests can be accommodated per 1 hour time slot and accounts are limited to registering for a max of two (2) total tickets for the evening.
Jeez mine is for 21st and 22nd, I feel so "unelite".

From the email:

Interesting. I also got the email for the 21st and 22nd. Wasn't able to get a slot until 1pm. But based on past recollections of these sales....most of the good stuff goes early.

There's an entire early sale for some people!? Give us a heads up on if there's anything even worth going for. I'd prefer not to drive down for bullshit.

I think they used to only do it every other year.

Also when I went, unless you showed up super early, you were about #200 in line. Usually by the time I got in the super cool stuff was gone.
Yes, it's been every other year but they last did it in 2018 so they should have 3 years of stuff.

That sounds about right, in 2018 I got there 20 minutes early and was probably 150-200th in line. They had a handful of football jerseys but the good sticks and nicer jerseys were gone and the clothing was starting to run out in the more normal sizes.

Hopefully making this tied to a Gopher score will keep out some of the resellers. When I’ve gone in the past, there are quite a few people gobbling up armfuls of stuff as fast as they can grab it, only to resell later. I asked a guy when I saw him doing it with his entire family (as I believe the last time there were some limits on how many items you could have) and he handed me a homemade business card for his website he was reselling everything on.

Hopefully making this tied to a Gopher score will keep out some of the resellers. When I’ve gone in the past, there are quite a few people gobbling up armfuls of stuff as fast as they can grab it, only to resell later. I asked a guy when I saw him doing it with his entire family (as I believe the last time there were some limits on how many items you could have) and he handed me a homemade business card for his website he was reselling everything on.

Yup. Way better way to do it. Why not reward loyal fans and supporters.

Hit up the sale for the first time. Very few current year jerseys when I was there—a few football and hockey. Those were limited to two per person and were $150. (I didn’t take a picture of the price list, so all prices are from memory and might not be right.) Large number of Kill era maroon and white jerseys at $100 and anthracites at $50.

As others have said, for clothing the selections vary a lot by size. Men’s stuff in smalls and 3X much more plentiful than sizes in between. If you can find your size in something, really good deals. Got two Nike jackets for my son and another one for me, each of which I am sure would retail for $80-$125, for $25 apiece. Nike tennis shoes for $25 a pair. Nice soft sided nylon computer bag for $5. There were a whole lot of practice jerseys, warmup shirts, etc. for a variety of sports, some looked used, but a lot were new. I didn’t spend too much time on that stuff, so I can’t share specifics.

Not much actual equipment. Some hockey sticks and gloves and a large selection of cleats.

All in all, it was fun and I am glad I went. We were there about 45 minutes and that was plenty of time to see what they had in our sizes.

Hit up the sale for the first time. Very few current year jerseys when I was there—a few football and hockey. Those were limited to two per person and were $150. (I didn’t take a picture of the price list, so all prices are from memory and might not be right.) Large number of Kill era maroon and white jerseys at $100 and anthracites at $50.

As others have said, for clothing the selections vary a lot by size. Men’s stuff in smalls and 3X much more plentiful than sizes in between. If you can find your size in something, really good deals. Got two Nike jackets for my son and another one for me, each of which I am sure would retail for $80-$125, for $25 apiece. Nike tennis shoes for $25 a pair. Nice soft sided nylon computer bag for $5. There were a whole lot of practice jerseys, warmup shirts, etc. for a variety of sports, some looked used, but a lot were new. I didn’t spend too much time on that stuff, so I can’t share specifics.

Not much actual equipment. Some hockey sticks and gloves and a large selection of cleats.

All in all, it was fun and I am glad I went. We were there about 45 minutes and that was plenty of time to see what they had in our sizes.
I was there too. That's pretty spot on.

I know anthracite didn't get a lot of love around here, but I LOVED those unis. I definitely would've picked up one of those.

Nice recap, and congrats on some good scores!

I know anthracite didn't get a lot of love around here, but I LOVED those unis. I definitely would've picked up one of those.

Nice recap, and congrats on some good scores!
I don't mind the uniform as an alternate uniform.

But as far as one to own, Iooked at them at the sale and ... they're not very "gopher' to me when it is just the jersey. Something is lost when they're alone and the appeal kinda fades for me.

Top Bottom