Entering Big Ten play RPIs...

WIth all due respect, the Gophers OOC schedule is pathetic. Surely you are not comparing games @ Duke, @ UK, @ ND, etc to what the Gophers are playing?

Those LB road games are "buy" games. In other words, Duke, Kentucky, Notre Dame are just cutting Dan's program a big check (probably $80,000-$100,000) to play those games. Dan isn't even getting a home date in return. No way can Minnesota afford to do that and even if they could, no way is anyone going to pay Minnesota to come play them.

Dan Monson has to schedule those games in order to fund his program. Home attendance won't foot the bill the way it does for Tubby.

That said, I applaud Dan's aggressive nature in the schedule. It will help his team get ready for the conference tournament, which is the only way you get into the NCAA out of his league anyway.

Those LB road games are "buy" games. In other words, Duke, Kentucky, Notre Dame are just cutting Dan's program a big check (probably $80,000-$100,000) to play those games. Dan isn't even getting a home date in return. No way can Minnesota afford to do that and even if they could, no way is anyone going to pay Minnesota to come play them.

Dan Monson has to schedule those games in order to fund his program. Home attendance won't foot the bill the way it does for Tubby.

That said, I applaud Dan's aggressive nature in the schedule. It will help his team get ready for the conference tournament, which is the only way you get into the NCAA out of his league anyway.

Whatever the reasoning, the schedule that Monson is playing is light years ahead of the Gophs schedule. The schedules dont lie - MN OOC is quite weak.

As a ticket holder, I was/am expecting more in the form of competition in the Barn by this point.

Whatever the reasoning, the schedule that Monson is playing is light years ahead of the Gophs schedule. The schedules dont lie - MN OOC is quite weak.

As a ticket holder, I was/am expecting more in the form of competition in the Barn by this point.

Actually the Real Time RPI site rates the Gophers' OOC schedule among Top 100.

To wit http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html here you go.

Uh, among the top 100 leaves a lot to be desired, at least from the perspective of this season ticket holder.

And, what Gopher fan would not want to play the teams that LBS is playing?

Long Beach St is 4-6. I doubt many fans would desire that W-L record.

Uh, among the top 100 leaves a lot to be desired, at least from the perspective of this season ticket holder.

And, what Gopher fan would not want to play the teams that LBS is playing?

I only see 2 Big 10 schools with higher SOS - Wisky and Iowa.

Purdue is over 100 (SOS) and Mich St right at 100. Wonder if their STH's turned their tickets in?

And BTW

Long Beach St has played 1 home game so far. That's 1 (not a typo).

I presume STH's would only buy tickets to home games.

I'm not thrilled with our OOC schedule, but do you have any idea about how d1 bball scheduling works or how money affects it? Notice that most of the major teams play crappy teams at home for more money and that the not as good teams (LBS) play away games against good teams also for more money. Either way it would be nice to have a couple good opponents at home, but you can't really compare our OOC schedule to a small school like that. I haven't looked but I would guess they only play good opponents on the road.

Top Bottom