Emanuel Karmo Commits to Gophers!!!!!

Honestly the fact that we get an OV in the middle of his tour means a lot. Plus he’s not going to places like Oregon, Texas, or Bama.
The other 3 schools are dangerous but it does feel slightly more safe since all the schools are “local”.

translated:

If someone wants to give me a lot more NIL, I will listen to offers. if I don't get the big bag of cash, I can always go to MN.

you just don't know who is talking to these kids and what type of messages are being sent through back-channel sources.
Or just could mean he wants to take free visits. I doubt he has to visit somewhere to get money offers.

I mean he's well within his rights to do this, and obviously holds the leverage in the relationship here, but I would argue that he's not "proudly committed" to Minnesota if this is the plan. I wouldn't consider my wife fully committed to our marriage if she decided she wanted to go on dates with a few other men just to make sure she made the right choice.

I mean he's well within his rights to do this, and obviously holds the leverage in the relationship here, but I would argue that he's not "proudly committed" to Minnesota if this is the plan. I wouldn't consider my wife fully committed to our marriage if she decided she wanted to go on dates with a few other men just to make sure she made the right choice.
Unless you like to watch!

Worrying about high school recruits is so 2019.
lol....Does kind of feel that way anymore with the amount of roster churn the takes place and the value of the portal.

As for Karmo....little strange to commit and then still take visits but he definitely isn't the first player to do this. Can't fault a player for wanting to explore all their options but the concept of committing and then still taking additional visits to other schools is odd.

The analogy of being engaged yet still dating other people is kind of fitting.

lol....Does kind of feel that way anymore with the amount of roster churn the takes place and the value of the portal.

As for Karmo....little strange to commit and then still take visits but he definitely isn't the first player to do this. Can't fault a player for wanting to explore all their options but the concept of committing and then still taking additional visits to other schools is odd.

The analogy of being engaged yet still dating other people is kind of fitting.
The majority of our best NFL prospects are all players that came from HS and developed with us. So I’d argue our program isn’t at that point yet.

Also as CFB becomes more of a professional employment the dating around analogy doesn’t really track. If they were actively enrolled and playing at the school maybe it would fit. Otherwise many other professionals will be committed to an organization but still be floating resumes and meeting with recruiters.

One coach said that the real recruiting begins AFTER the kid commits. Couldn’t be more true in this day and age.

The majority of our best NFL prospects are all players that came from HS and developed with us. So I’d argue our program isn’t at that point yet.

Also as CFB becomes more of a professional employment the dating around analogy doesn’t really track. If they were actively enrolled and playing at the school maybe it would fit. Otherwise many other professionals will be committed to an organization but still be floating resumes and meeting with recruiters.

One coach said that the real recruiting begins AFTER the kid commits. Couldn’t be more true in this day and age.
If I hire someone and in between the time they accept my job offer and when they start employment, they go interview at other companies, I'm not considering them "proudly committed" to my company. I would think they accepted my job as a placeholder and are open to shopping for other higher bidders.

Again the kid is well within his rights to do this, and it's not like PJ is going to pull his offer (nor should he), I'm simply saying it's hard to consider his commitment very strong.

Kids like this usually won’t de-committ as they would lose their guaranteed spot. Then they look around to find a “better” place and then drop their spot like a hot potato. Didn’t Pj used to drop kids who pulled a Karmo.

Without these analogies I would have no understanding what's going on here. Please post more.

Kids like this usually won’t de-committ as they would lose their guaranteed spot. Then they look around to find a “better” place and then drop their spot like a hot potato. Didn’t Pj used to drop kids who pulled a Karmo.
PJ pulled the offer if a recruit didn't inform him that he's still looking around. If he informs PJ beforehand, the offer's good.

I have zero issue with it as long as he is up front with the people who need to be in the know. (the coaches) Wisconsin is annoying but can't fault him from hearing out Nebraska with their supposed cash and tOSU for obvious reasons. He has the officials to use might as well.

But they really need to stop calling verbals "commitments" because they mean nothing.

Color me cautiously optimistic. We have the commitment already, Jaxon Howard, Debo/Fleck, and a decent enough NIL.

The main thing that scares me is if we do lose him it’s to a program that we will see regularly if not yearly.

Top Bottom