Ellis/Foster

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up yet and sorry if it has. Any word on how these two feel about Tubby's firing?

Alvin's dad said he would wait until the new coach is hired to make a descision. Haven't heard anything on Foster yet though.

Ellis has been retweeting lots of tweets saying that he should stay and put the Gophers on the next level, so everything appears to be good for him (for now).

Haven't seen anything on Foster.

Basketball: Tubby Smith’s firing at Minnesota affects Southland recruits

Minnesota fired coach Tubby Smith on Monday, possibly throwing a wrench into the college plans of De La Salle’s Alvin Ellis and Seton’s Alex Foster. Both players have signed letters of intent with Minnesota.

“We are just going to wait and see how things develop at Minnesota, see who they bring in,” Ellis’ father, Alvin Ellis Sr. said.

Seton coach Brandon Thomas said that Foster is taking the same approach.

Ellis, a 6-foot-3 guard, scored over 1,000 points in his career. He earned All-Area honors this season, averaging 20 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists while leading the Meteors to a 17-8 record.

Foster, a 6-8 senior, averaged 14 points, 10 rebounds and 4.0 blocks while helping the Sting to a second-place finish in Class 2A. He was named first team All-State in Class 2A.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/s...-at-minnesota-affects-southland-recruits.html

Go Gophers!!

Just an educated guess here, but I don't know how hard Foster was being recruited by teams other than Minnesota. He really seemed to have fallen off, and I doubt he still had standing offers from Wisconsin, Illinois, Tennessee, etc. He also didn't have a great (not bad, just not great) high school season. I think it would be hard for him to find a program as good as our's to go to, especially this late in the spring.

Ellis, on the other hand, had a great senior season, and could probably play at many B1G schools. This far into the spring, though, it might be hard to find a program that still has a scholarship for him.

Bleed you're on top of everything, I imagine you have to have at least 5 tabs open on your browser at all times.

Top Bottom