Elliot's mouth

Dang Bruce, you have more whines in this thread than Eliason had during the game. Looks like he has 21 fouls this year and 124 in his career. I'm not sure, but I don't think he's been T'd up yet.

+1 If Lawrence Westbrook never got a technical that cost us a game, I think I'm going to get agitated about something more plausible--like the possibility a flying Asian carp will take me out some day. Ridiculous this is the longest thread from the game.

everytime a foul is/was called EE he puts his hands ou and acts like he did nothing. it has always bothered me. makes me think EE should play for coach k instead of tubby.

everytime a foul is/was called EE he puts his hands ou and acts like he did nothing. it has always bothered me. makes me think EE should play for coach k instead of tubby.
Maybe he is preparing to coach the badgers someday.. Modeled it after Bo Ryan, king of the winers.

Just got back from game. Watched Elliot after every foul he committed. Here is the pattern:
- Elliot commits obvious foul.
- Whistle blows.
- Elliot oblivious to fact that foul was on him.
- Ref verbalizes foul.
- Elliot is stunned and protests.

Seriously...has Elliot ever committed a foul in his own mind?

And again...if you weren't actually AT the game, you really can't comment on this because the camera is not focusing on Elliot's behavior.

Just got back from game. Watched Elliot after every foul he committed. Here is the pattern:
- Whistle blows.
- Ref verbalizes foul.

And again...if you weren't actually AT the game, you really can't comment on this because the camera is not focusing on Elliot's behavior.

Step 6. Take a seat after 90 seconds in the 2nd half. I'm okay with that step.

Paging Tubby Smith. Paging Tubby Smith. Trevor belongs in the starting 5. That is all.

- Whistle blows.
- Ref verbalizes foul.

I watched the game on television, and I noticed the same things. It's ridiculous.

It's Elliott not Elliot. I thought Eliason really struggled again tonight against NDSU and agree with most of the points regarding his reaction to fouls called on him. Occasionally, he has a point, but his constant reactions to every call won't make his life any easier with officials. That being said, I kind of like having a guy on the Gophers who will be HATED by the rest of the B1G (provided he improves enough to really matter). We need are own Brian Cardinal, Greg Brunner, Mike Kelley(was that the guys name from Wisconsin who's defense consisted of groping opposing guards?), etc.

My only issue with putting Trevor in the starting lineup right now is the fact that Tubby still likes to do the line change in the first half. I really don't want to see Mav, Julian, Oto, Andre, and Elliott all on the court at the same time.

He really needs to shut his dang yapper.

Mark my words...someday he'll get T'd up when it matters.

We gotta pretend he's a Euro transfer that doesn't speak much English and only just started playing basketball a few weeks ago.

Maybe we'll get some sympathy for him.

- Whistle blows.
- Ref verbalizes foul.

My Nebraskan born pop was at the game tonight and was amazed with it! He said "is Elliot from South Dakota or where was he from again?" (Obviously confusing him with Colt)

When he found out it was Chadron he read me the riot act about how the new generation is a bunch of softies playing ball and complain to much.

Shouldn't have done it in retrospect he wouldn't have shut the f*** up about it the rest of the win, except for a brief acknowledgment of Rodney's greatness.

After tonight I've decided Elliott should talk as much as he wants to because he needs to do something out there he's good at.

Didn't see EE protect the baseline once last night. His man would drive the baseline on him w/o much trouble. That has to stop.

I'd love it if Elliott could be one of those guys...but he needs to score...and to score, he needs to shoot...and to shoot, he needs to be in the game.

First of all, Elliott would need to be talented. I'm sure he's a good kid, but he's just a tall person who doesn't look like basketball is his bag, baby.

Elliott's offense is ahead of his defense right now, and his offense doesn't exist.

The difference between Mbakwe guarding Bjorkland last night and Elliot... was quite noticable. Without a mercy substitution, I think Bjorklund would have topped 20 points and Elliott would have been fouled out, within 10 minutes of clock time. It was painful to watch EE try to defend Bjorklund.

Marshall schooled Elliott last night, and I personally wish Tubby would of offered Marshall. he reminds me of a poor mans kevin McHale with his moves.

Marshall schooled Elliott last night, and I personally wish Tubby would of offered Marshall. he reminds me of a poor mans kevin McHale with his moves.

I was saying the same to my mates last night. Not that Bjorkland is the best Minnesota could have gotten, but if you're going to recruit EE, might as well take a step up and recruit MB instead.

I was saying the same to my mates last night. Not that Bjorkland is the best Minnesota could have gotten, but if you're going to recruit EE, might as well take a step up and recruit MB instead.

Ridiculous to call it a step up. Elliott was a much higher profile recruit than Bjorklund.

Ridiculous to call it a step up. Elliott was a much higher profile recruit than Bjorklund.

It brings up the same question of whether they're going off rating services or how much they've seen these kids play. It's like, did you actually watch Delmon Young try to play outfield before you traded for him?

It brings up the same question of whether they're going off rating services or how much they've seen these kids play. It's like, did you actually watch Delmon Young try to play outfield before you traded for him?

Bjorkland is a stud I agree but how many "mbakwe-types" are in the big ten? Maybe not every team has a guy at Trevor's level but we are in the big ten with great teams and players. Bjorkland was destroyed by Trevor! Bjorkland couldn't jump with him, wasn't strong enough to keep him off the glass, and was pretty much contained on offense all by mbakwe. Elliot can guard big guys that are bangers, brokland can use his speed against a few guys but he would be a bigger liability come big ten season compared to EE IMO

Bjorkland is a stud I agree but how many "mbakwe-types" are in the big ten? Maybe not every team has a guy at Trevor's level but we are in the big ten with great teams and players. Bjorkland was destroyed by Trevor! Bjorkland couldn't jump with him, wasn't strong enough to keep him off the glass, and was pretty much contained on offense all by mbakwe. Elliot can guard big guys that are bangers, brokland can use his speed against a few guys but he would be a bigger liability come big ten season compared to EE IMO

Sorry, all I saw was Elliott out of position, off balance, flailing at the ball, not being able to grab the ball when it was right there in front of his head. Instead of taking out his aggression by playing his opponents tough, he's taking out his aggression at officials for calling the fouls he's committed. None of that will work when we get into the conference schedule. I think it's remarkable we've become a nationally ranked team starting a center who can barely function out there. You talk about the tradeoffs between a smaller skilled guy and a big uncoordinated guy. The overall point is that a program of this stature should not have to choose between those deficiencies. (Or maybe that's what ended up getting away to CSU.)

EE continues to struggle. Besides the game against.. was it Florida st... he has regressed. I was hoping for more consistency. Feels like he is pressing. He will be needed in certain games so I hope he can turn it around soon. Welch seems to be returning to last seasons form, i hope EE does as well.

Top Bottom