Elliason legend "grows."

"Eliason hit six of seven field goal tries while scoring 11 points. He also grabbed 13 rebounds and blocked five shots."

How do you score only 11 points on 6 of 7 shooting?

I hope he keeps growing and ends up like Tisdale at Illinois.

Does anyone know what type of player he is? Can he step out and hit a jumpshot? Or is he strictly around the basket player?

Just curiousity

Jesh

"Eliason hit six of seven field goal tries while scoring 11 points. He also grabbed 13 rebounds and blocked five shots."

How do you score only 11 points on 6 of 7 shooting?

It is a Nebraska thing. EE was 1 of two from "inside" the one-point line.

The link I provided above says EE was 5 of 8 from the field with 1 of 3 from the free throw line for 11 points against Alliance.

Watch for the reporter who wrote the story to be on the strib payroll soon.

:D

Thanks for posting this. Did you notice the following tidbit from the article?

"The “Big E,” who now admits to be seven-feet tall, put on spectacular demonstration of all-around play against Red Cloud."

Seven-feet tall?!

Winona

Does anyone know what type of player he is? Can he step out and hit a jumpshot? Or is he strictly around the basket player?

Just curiousity

Just based on his free throw percentage, 59%, and his field goal percentage, 68%, I am guessing he does not step very far away from the hoop!

:)

This is old from ESPN, but I think he has a decent jumper.

"He'll do some nice things," Chadron coach Craig Nobling told the paper. "He's a great student. I think he'll work hard for coach (Tubby) Smith. He's very excited and we're excited for him as well."

ESPN Scouts Inc. had this to say about him during the summer evaluation period.

"Elliott is a solid post player who is a key player for the Nebraska Bison Red travel team. He showed good hands and post foot work but must improve his his reaction time inside.

"He has a nice turn around jumper and jump hook to score inside over more athletic posts and he's a good passer out of the post.

"Elliott definitely needs to add strength to his frame and he should be able to improve his agility which will help him expand his shooting range to 14-15 feet."

Eliason was named Mr. Basketball in Nebraska as a junior after averaging 14.5 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.

Just based on his free throw percentage, 59%, and his field goal percentage, 68%, I am guessing he does not step very far away from the hoop!

haha very good point. Hopefully he is a bit more athletic than Iverson and his 3 inch vert.

You are probably correct, but his free throw percentage doesn't mean he can only score around the basket. Devoe Joseph's free throw percentage last season was 52.9%.

Free throw etc.

He did make 11 straight FT's in a couple of games last week. Also notice in this latest effort he had 9 assists and 4 blocks. 3 turnovers.

I hope he keeps growing and ends up like Tisdale at Illinois.

I hope he does not end up like Tisdale. Tisdale's neck and head jut out at a 90 degree angle form his torso. I imagine he would be 7' 4" (instead of 7'1") if his head went straight up.
Am I being Catty?

I'm always cool with bringing a 7 footer on board. Watch him turn into an All-American...yeah, I said it hahaha

I'm always cool with bringing a 7 footer on board. Watch him turn into an All-American...yeah, I said it hahaha

Colton.

Iverson.

Let's not get too excited. Likely a project.

59% FT in high school usually means about 40% in College. Yuk.

A 7-footer in high school should be shooting a bit better than 68%, too, unless he really is going far away from the basket to shoot

Please find all the stats.......

you can about ANYONE shooting over 68% from the filed...at any level.

Shouldn't a 7 footer with a "nice jumper and nice turn around move" in a lower level conference be putting up closer to 30 points per game?

Just wondering? I remember watching Pryzbilla up in Monticello back in the late 90's and he absolutely demolished teams inside...This guy sounds more like a Kyle Sanden type player...soft!

Pryzbilla

Pryzbilla was a great shotblocker in high school. He was an average rebounder for his size. He was an above average athelete for 7'1". He was not much of a scorer in high school. I bet he averaged around 20 a game. Monticello had a huge talented team in the front court. Most of his points were just turning around and shooting, dunking, or put backs.

Unfortunately he was starting to score in college right when he decided to quit.

Just an FYI, there is no shot clock for high school basketball in Nebraska. Games tend to be very low scoring.

Top Bottom