Elite Scouting Service: Florida Recruiting

Iceland12

Reaction score
Did anybody else see this on Minnesota's success in recruiting Florida kids this year?

"Devon Wright leads talented group of prospects heading to Minnesota!
One thing is for certain more and more programs from around the country are starting to recruit Florida heavily. One of those programs that have made a name for themselves this year is the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Right now they sit at 5 commitments from the Sun-Shine State. James Green was an impressive get as the Gophers pulled in an elite wide receiver. Their next get was Tyrone Buie. He is a talented defensive back from the State Champions from the 2008 season. Along with Buie and Green the Gophers have pulled in three other prospects from Florida, Donnell Kirkwood (RB-Delray Atlantic), Jon Ragoo (OL-Miami Pace) and Devon Wright (RB-Taravella). All five of these prospects have a chance to make an impact for the Gophers. ESS will breakdown each prospect and gives you insight into their future"

Here's the whole article:

http://elitescoutingservices.com/ne...gophers-make-their-mark-in-florida/#more-1705

Great thanks. I am pretty excited about Wright and Green. They seem to be quite high on Bouie too, wish they spelled his name correctly (picky I know). Ragoo and Kirkwood seem to be nice gets too. Ragoo seems like a project, red-shirt year to reduce wt and gain strength. Nice job Gophers.

Go Gophers!
SK Gopher

I don't think Wright or Green will redshirt, not sure about Kirkwood, but Bouie & Ragoo I think will redshirt.

Great article. I really believe Devon Wright and James Manuel could make a huge impact next season. I am particularly high on Wright, as RB is the kind of position where freshmen often make an immediate impact.

Unfirtunately, I've heard a lot of gossip that Manuel won't make it into school (hope i'm wrong). I think Bouie has a chance to contributre right away, he is graduating early and will be here for spring ball.

Personally, I'm still hoping that Toby Durham comes our way as well. He looks to be a very good prospect based on his film.

I really don't know how you can't be excited about the shear potential of Jonathan Ragoo. The massive size plus the fact that you get five years to try and mold him into the type of lineman you want has to be intriguing.

I really don't know how you can't be excited about the shear potential of Jonathan Ragoo. The massive size plus the fact that you get five years to try and mold him into the type of lineman you want has to be intriguing.

That is how I feel about Ferguson and Ragoo. I don't care if Ferguson is a 2 or 3 star, he has impressive size and frame and you absolutely can't teach that.

Top Bottom